Identification help

Saurabh Sawant

Mar 15, 2011, 2:04:21 PM3/15/11
to indiantreepix
Hi everyone,

Here in Mumbai, I've seen tiny red mushrooms growing on tree trunks in the monsoon. They only stay for a few days and are only seen during monsoon. Can anyone help with identification. I'm attaching a poor quality photo here. Hope it helps.

--
Regards,
Saurabh Sawant

http://www.facebook.com/saurabh.sawant

http://www.flickr.com/photos/saurabhsawant1/
_MG_6254.jpg

Dinesh Valke

Mar 15, 2011, 2:14:56 PM3/15/11
to Saurabh Sawant, indiantreepix
... possibly Marasmius siccus (orange pinwheel) ... had put similar mushroom for ID query earlier.
Regards.
Dinesh

tanay bose

Mar 15, 2011, 2:30:26 PM3/15/11
to Dinesh Valke, Saurabh Sawant, indiantreepix
Marasmius siccus
Tanay
--
Tanay Bose
Department of Botany.

Saurabh Sawant

Mar 15, 2011, 10:40:39 PM3/15/11
to tanay bose, Dinesh Valke, indiantreepix
Dear Dinesh & Tanay,
Thank you so much :)

Regards,
Saurabh