Lamiaceae & Verbenaceae Week: Lamiaceae, Micromeria biflora from Kashmir

Gurcharan Singh

Jul 8, 2011, 10:03:33 PM7/8/11
to efloraofindia

Micromeria biflora (Buch.-Ham. ex D.Don) Benth., Labiat. Gen. Spec. 378 1834.

syn: Satureja biflora (Buch.-Ham. ex D.Don) Briq.; Micromeria biflora var. indica Elly Walther & K.H.Walther

A small tufted hairy herb with hardly 6 mm long ovate leaves and  white or pink flowers in stalked axillary whorls. Very common in Western Himalayas on open dry slopes. Photographed from Kashmir.

--
Dr. Gurcharan Singh
Retired  Associate Professor

Micromeria-biflora=Kashmir-b.jpg
Micromeria-biflora-Kashmir-1b.jpg
Micromeria-biflora-Kashmir-a.jpg
Micromeria-biflora-Kashmir-a1.jpg

Ushadi micromini

Jul 11, 2011, 9:55:31 PM7/11/11
to efloraofindia
Lemon scented thyme!!!
never seen flowers...
Once in a while leaves only , bunched up, turn up in super-
specialty grocery stores...
thanks Gurucharanji
Usha di
==

On Jul 9, 7:03 am, Gurcharan Singh <singh...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Micromeria biflora (Buch.-Ham. ex D.Don) Benth., Labiat. Gen. Spec. 378 1834
> .
> syn: *Satureja* *biflora* (Buch.-Ham. ex D.Don) Briq.; *Micromeria* *biflora
> * var. *indica* Elly Walther & K.H.Walther
>
> A small tufted hairy herb with hardly 6 mm long ovate leaves and  white or
> pink flowers in stalked axillary whorls. Very common in Western Himalayas on
> open dry slopes. Photographed from Kashmir.
> *
> *
>
> --
> Dr. Gurcharan Singh
> Retired  Associate Professor
>
>  Micromeria-biflora=Kashmir-b.jpg
> 201KViewDownload
>
>  Micromeria-biflora-Kashmir-1b.jpg
> 162KViewDownload
>
>  Micromeria-biflora-Kashmir-a.jpg
> 177KViewDownload
>
>  Micromeria-biflora-Kashmir-a1.jpg
> 86KViewDownload

suvrashi...@yahoo.co.in

Jul 11, 2011, 10:58:36 PM7/11/11
to indian...@googlegroups.com
Dear Moderators,

I sincerely request you to kindly unsubscribe me from this e-group with immediate effect

Thanks and best regards

Suvrashis Sarkar
Sent on my BlackBerry® from Vodafone

Ushadi micromini

Jul 13, 2011, 5:27:49 AM7/13/11
to efloraofindia, Gurcharan Singh, J. M. Garg
Here we go again....
right after I wrote something....
what is this....
Do I or should I get paranoid about this?

in my tectona thread this person had done it... now here after I made
comment to Gurucharanji.....
PLEASE DR . SINGH OR MR. GARG...
remove this man... so he does not disturb the essence of of this
group....

I had previously sent this reply to mr. Sarkar....
(( Mr. Sarkar:
Dont know why you want to leave, may be signed up in a haste...
or someone else signed you up?

...whatever the cause... to discontinue with the group is your right
and privilege

why are you messing up my thread...
it somehow implies that I did something wrong to you?

how could I ?

this is a thread for everybody... not directed at any one
person...its an innocent ID request...
PLEASE RESPECT THAT ...
whether you are a newbie or are an expert in something or other.....

Please write directly to either Gurucharanji or Mr. Garg...

Bhalo theko, Usha di
===== ))