Fruits and vegetable Allium porrum

Na Bha

Jan 16, 2011, 7:49:29 AM1/16/11
to indian...@googlegroups.com

Allium porrum   Germanname .Porree

The leek, Allium ampeloprasum var. porrum (L.), also sometimes known as Allium porrum, is a vegetable which belongs, along with the onion and garlic, to the Alliaceae family. Two related vegetables, the elephant garlic and kurrat, are also variant subspecies of Allium ampeloprasum, although different in their uses as food.

The edible part of the leek plant is a bundle of leaf sheaths which is sometimes called a stem or stalk.

100_9731.JPG
Porree-100_9730.JPG

tanay bose

Jan 16, 2011, 9:37:18 AM1/16/11
to Na Bha, indian...@googlegroups.com
Nalini Ji I will kindly request you not to copy paste articles ,
If you by any means do so please provide reference and citations.
Other we can come into trouble involving copyright protection

tanay
--
Tanay Bose
Department of Botany.

Na Bha

Jan 16, 2011, 3:17:46 PM1/16/11
to tanay bose, indian...@googlegroups.com
Thank you for the hint.
BTW. all copy paste from today are from wiki, and I was in much hurry so forgot to mention the reference.
 I shall keep your point  in mind.
Regards
Nalini

tanay bose