Flora of Kaiga_ID_Plz_14072011 PJ2

PUTTARAJU K

Jul 13, 2011, 9:43:16 PM7/13/11
to indiantreepix
Dear All,

Flora of Kaiga_ID_Plz_14072011 PJ2

Date/Time-: 12/05/11   -    10:40

Location- Place, Altitude - Kaiga , Uttar Kannada ,Karnataka, 380 mtrs

Habitat- Garden/ Urban/ Wild/ Type-   wild

Plant Habit- Tree/ Shrub/ Climber/ Herb- Climber

Height/Length- 4m

With Regards,
PUTTARAJU K,
SCIENTIFIC OFFICER,
KAIGA ATOMIC POWER PLANT,
POST-KAIGA, U.K.DISTRICT,
KARNATAKA -581400
MOB : 9448999150
EMAIL : pakshir...@gmail.com
             kputt...@npcil.co.in
DSC_0369.JPG

Vijayasankar

Jul 13, 2011, 11:53:37 PM7/13/11
to PUTTARAJU K, indiantreepix
Cucumis prophetarum, perhaps.

Regards

Vijayasankar Raman
University of Mississippi

Smilax004

Jul 14, 2011, 6:56:12 AM7/14/11
to efloraofindia
I too think that this is Cucumis prophetarum.
If we get a picture of leaves/branch with leaves, it would be easy to
confirm.

Regards,
Giby

On Jul 14, 8:53 am, Vijayasankar <vijay.botan...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Cucumis prophetarum, perhaps.
>
> Regards
>
> Vijayasankar Raman
> National Center for Natural Products Research
> University of Mississippi
>
> On Wed, Jul 13, 2011 at 8:43 PM, PUTTARAJU K <pakshirajka...@gmail.com>wrote:
>

> > Dear All,
>
> > Flora of Kaiga_ID_Plz_14072011 PJ2
>
> > Date/Time-: 12/05/11   -    10:40
>
> > Location- Place, Altitude - Kaiga , Uttar Kannada ,Karnataka, 380 mtrs
>
> > Habitat- Garden/ Urban/ Wild/ Type-   wild
>
> > Plant Habit- Tree/ Shrub/ Climber/ Herb- Climber
>
> > Height/Length- 4m
>
> > --
>
> > --
> > With Regards,
> > PUTTARAJU K,
> > SCIENTIFIC OFFICER,
> > KAIGA ATOMIC POWER PLANT,
> > POST-KAIGA, U.K.DISTRICT,
> > KARNATAKA -581400
> > MOB : 9448999150
> > EMAIL : pakshirajka...@gmail.com
> >              kputtar...@npcil.co.in

J.M. Garg

Jun 12, 2013, 1:09:01 AM6/12/13
to efloraofindia, Puttaraju K, Gurcharan Singh, Nayan Singh, Giby Kuriakose, Vijayasankar Raman, Ajmal Ali, arunk...@botany.du.ac.in, ren...@lmu.de

Some earlier relevant feedback:

 Cucumis prophetarum, perhaps.

Regards
Vijayasankar Raman

 I too think that this is Cucumis prophetarum.

If we get a picture of leaves/branch with leaves, it would be easy to
confirm.
Regards,
Giby

 Id may be reviewed pl. in the light of this new thread.- from me.

--
With regards,
J.M.Garg

J.M. Garg

Jun 13, 2013, 1:30:26 AM6/13/13
to efloraofindia, Puttaraju K, Gurcharan Singh, Nayan Singh, Giby Kuriakose, Vijayasankar Raman, Ajmal Ali, arunk...@botany.du.ac.in, ren...@lmu.de
It should be C. sativus var. hardwickii as per another thread.

Puttaraju K

Jun 14, 2013, 10:44:23 AM6/14/13
to J.M. Garg, indiantreepix
Thank you for the detailed discussion on the species and I'll surely hunt for the species & will post shortly.

Regards
Puttaraju