reqest id mushrooms?

manoj

Feb 24, 2011, 4:20:19 AM2/24/11
to indian...@googlegroups.com
DSC05087.JPG
DSC05086.JPG

tanay bose

Feb 24, 2011, 7:43:01 AM2/24/11
to indian...@googlegroups.com, manoj
Kindly provide relevant informations !!
Tanay

On Thu, Feb 24, 2011 at 1:20 AM, manoj <mghat...@gmail.com> wrote:

--
Tanay Bose
Department of Botany.
University of British Columbia .
3529-6270 University Blvd.
Vancouver, B.C. V6T 1Z4 (Canada)
Phone: 778-323-4036 (Mobile)
           604-822-2019 (Lab)
           604-822-6089  (Fax)

Alok

Feb 24, 2011, 12:16:29 PM2/24/11
to efloraofindia
Monoj ji,
If possible take a photograph of the gills (underside) of the mushroom
(close up of stem and where it attaches to the gills and roots, gills)
and if you take the spore print by keeping the head of the mushroom on
a paper, and tell us the color it would be most helpful. Usually these
are the minimum requirements apart from the width, length etc....
since you cannot paste high res photos on the forum, I would be glad
if you send some high res copies of the same to me...
Regards
Alok

On Feb 24, 2:20 pm, manoj <mghatge2...@gmail.com> wrote:
>  DSC05087.JPG
> 49KViewDownload
>
>  DSC05086.JPG
> 51KViewDownload

Alok

Feb 24, 2011, 12:25:48 PM2/24/11
to efloraofindia
Dear Manoj ji, forgot to tell you,
the second one (DSC05086.JPG) looks like 'Coprinus', could be C.
comatus but one would need to have more data and microscopic analysis
of spores to be absolutely sure...
regards

Satish Chile

Feb 25, 2011, 1:51:57 AM2/25/11
to Alok, efloraofindia
Second one looks like Coprinus comatus. The first also may be Coprinus sp. with some doubt.
--
Dr. Satish Kumar Chile

Alok

Feb 25, 2011, 9:18:00 AM2/25/11
to efloraofindia
Actually Satish ji, I would have suggested Flammulaster sp. but since
I cannot make out the features properly I would never take a bet on
that.

Manoj ji, next time you find a mushroom you want to id you must take
the photo of the gills, the way it is attached to the stem, the root
if possible and close ups of the gills and the cap... and the length
of the stem and width of the cap, this and the spores as mentioned
earlier will get you at least the family right.

On Feb 25, 11:51 am, Satish Chile <chilesat...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Second one looks like Coprinus comatus. The first also may be Coprinus sp.
> with some doubt.

J.M. Garg

Jun 13, 2011, 2:01:50 AM6/13/11
to efloraofindia, tanay...@gmail.com, ikse...@gmail.com, chile...@gmail.com, mitra...@gmail.com, anuja....@gmail.com, nabha-...@gmx.de, alokis...@gmail.com, manoj

Some earlier relevant feedback:

“Kindly provide relevant informations !!
Tanay”

“If possible take a photograph of the gills (underside) of the mushroom

(close up of stem and where it attaches to the gills and roots, gills)
and if you take the spore print by keeping the head of the mushroom on
a paper, and tell us the color it would be most helpful. Usually these
are the minimum requirements apart from the width, length etc....
since you cannot paste high res photos on the forum, I would be glad
if you send some high res copies of the same to me...
Regards

Alok”

the second one (DSC05086.JPG) looks like 'Coprinus', could be C.
comatus
but one would need to have more data and microscopic analysis

of spores to be absolutely sure...
Alok”

"Second one looks like Coprinus comatus. The first also may be Coprinus sp. with some doubt." from Chile ji.
"Actually Satish ji, I would have suggested Flammulaster sp. but since
I cannot make out the features properly I would never take a bet on
that.
Manoj ji, next time you find a mushroom you want to id you must take
the photo of the gills, the way it is attached to the stem, the root
if possible and close ups of the gills and the cap... and the length
of the stem and width of the cap, this and the spores as mentioned
earlier will get you at least  the family right." from Alok ji.
Jun 13, 2011, 6:18:44 AM6/13/11
to J.M. Garg, tanay...@gmail.com, ikse...@gmail.com, indian...@googlegroups.com
The second one does look like Coprinus comatus shaggy ink cap.
Very common here in Germany growing in meadows, especially where Sheep grazing. It grows in groups and I have seen these mushrooms under trees or on horsepastures. Very sorry to see horses running over these good edible mushrooms.
Young
Coprinus comatus is a very good edible mushroom before the ink starts dripping.
�I have eaten these several times and I am alive.

Btw. a story. When I was living in N�rnberg I had a neighbour. He was 85. He introduced me to Mushrooms. Schopftintling was his favorite and he used to say to me: I have eaten them and am still alive. A very nice gentelman. He was an engineer specialized on elevators. In appartment was in the third floor, but he always used the staircase. He did not beleive in the young generation engineers. "I use only elevators, that I have maintained" he said.
Regards
Nalini

�

The whole world uses my Image Resource of more than a thousand species & eight thousand images of Birds, Butterflies, Plants etc. (arranged alphabetically & place-wise): http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Category:J.M.Garg.�You can also use them for free as per Creative Commons license attached with each image.