Ranunculaceae?? for ID

manudev madhavan

May 27, 2011, 4:18:23 AM5/27/11
to indiantreepix

Dear all,

Please identify this plant.Collected from Munnar, on 23-05-2011
Sorry the photos are not good. couldn't take due to rain
Could this be a species of Ranunculaceae??

regards

--
Manudev K Madhavan
Junior Research Fellow

DSC_2198.JPG
DSC_2196.JPG

Plant Diversity

May 27, 2011, 4:22:25 AM5/27/11
to efloraofindia
It's certainly Ranunculaceae. It looks like Ranunculus.

On May 27, 9:18 am, manudev madhavan <manudevkmadha...@gmail.com>
wrote:
> Dear all,
>
> Please identify this plant.Collected from Munnar, on 23-05-2011
> Sorry the photos are not good. couldn't take due to rain
> Could this be a species of Ranunculaceae??
>
> regards
>
> --
> *Manudev K Madhavan*
> Junior Research Fellow
> Systematic & Floristic Lab,
> Department of Botany,
> Centre for Postgraduate Studies & Research
> St. Joseph's College, Devagiri
> Kozhikode- 673 008
> Mob: 9496470738
>
>  DSC_2198.JPG
> 1318KViewDownload
>
>  DSC_2196.JPG
> 955KViewDownload

Gurcharan Singh

May 27, 2011, 5:25:53 AM5/27/11
to Plant Diversity, efloraofindia
Although plant is not completely seen but based on the area, undivided basal leaves  orbicular, cordate base and single flower on long stalk and petals more than 5 all suggest Ranunculus reniformis Wall. ex Wight. Please comments.

--
Dr. Gurcharan Singh
Retired  Associate Professor

Alastair Culham

May 27, 2011, 5:37:43 AM5/27/11
to Gurcharan Singh, efloraofindia

I agree – it looks very like R. reniformis.

Dr Alastair Culham

Centre for Plant Diversity and Systematics

Harborne Building, School of Biological Sciences

University of Reading, Whiteknights, Reading, RG6 6AS

U.K.

Associate Editor, Botanical Journal of the Linnean Society

Director, MSc Plant Diversity

School Learning Technology Coordinator

i4Life Coordinator

Plant Diversity on Facebook

manudev madhavan

May 27, 2011, 6:54:01 AM5/27/11
to Gurcharan Singh, Plant Diversity, efloraofindia
Dear all,

I didn't know that any species of Ranunculus occur in Kerala.
Thanks to all for the id

regards
--
Manudev K Madhavan

Gurcharan Singh

May 27, 2011, 9:01:13 AM5/27/11
to manudev madhavan, Plant Diversity, efloraofindia
Manudev ji
This species has been reported from Western Ghats, Tamil Nadu, Rajasthan and Kerala. In Kerala it has been reported from Chuduvurai Travancore, Travancore high range and Devicolum Munnar Forest.