Shrikant Ingalhalikar

Sep 28, 2010, 2:38:41 PM9/28/10
to indian...@googlegroups.com
Dear Members,

My new book 'Trees of Pune' on which I was working for last 3 years was launched in Pune on 19 th September. Brief information on the contents of the book was posted earlier but can also be seen on a page at www.idsahyadri.com The interactive map on this site provides viewing of locations for 250 species of rare, heritage and avenues trees of Pune on Google map. I would like to know if every tree species in any city has been documented before.

The navigation for identification is based on features of leaves. A sample page image is also provided. I am sure that ITP members will enjoy navigating through this field guide.

The book though titled as 'Trees of Pune' is useful for every city because most of the 482 trees would be found in every city.
The book is priced at Rs. 600 and as indicated earlier a discount of Rs. 100 is the privilege of ITP members.
Please send your requirements so they can be catered to. With regards,

Shrikant Ingalhalikar
12 Varshanand Society
Anandnagar Sinhagad Road
Pune 411 051. www.idsahyadri.com
Tel 91 20 2435 0765.
Fax 91 20 2438 9190.
TOP_Cover_Artwork.pdf

Gurcharan Singh

Sep 28, 2010, 3:02:03 PM9/28/10
to Shrikant Ingalhalikar, indian...@googlegroups.com
Congratulation Shrikant ji for this very useful monumental work.

--
Dr. Gurcharan Singh
Retired  Associate Professor

J.M. Garg

Sep 29, 2010, 12:46:50 AM9/29/10
to Shrikant Ingalhalikar, indian...@googlegroups.com
Thanks, Shrikant for this wonderful effort.
People of India will remain indebted to you.
We require more such visionaries to take our Flora to the masses.
Pune remains at the forefront in this regard.
My salute for your great work!

Note- I will like to have a copy. My current address is Jag Mohan Garg, 1G, Railway Officers' Colony, J.K.Paul Road, New Alipore, Kolkata, India. Pin- 700038. Ph. 9002020775. Pl. let me kow how to send the payment. If you can send the Name, A/C No. & Bank, I can deposit a cheque in this A/C as followed for 'Meets'.
--
With regards,
J.M.Garg (jmg...@gmail.com)

Dr. Arvind Kadus

Sep 29, 2010, 2:21:08 PM9/29/10
to efloraofindia, le...@rediffmail.com
I also like to have a copy. My current address is 37/5,Samarth
Complex,Dhanakawadi,Pune-43.Ph: 09422085606 Pl. let me kow how to send
the payment. If you can
send the Name, A/C No. & Bank, I can deposit a cheque in this A/C or
can pay the cash.
Dr.Kadus Arvind,Pune.

On Sep 29, 9:46 am, "J.M. Garg" <jmga...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Thanks, Shrikant for this wonderful effort.
> People of India will remain indebted to you.
> We require more such visionaries to take our Flora to the masses.
> Pune remains at the forefront in this regard.
> My salute for your great work!
>
> Note- I will like to have a copy. My current address is Jag Mohan Garg, 1G,
> Railway Officers' Colony, J.K.Paul Road, New Alipore, Kolkata, India. Pin-
> 700038. Ph. 9002020775. Pl. let me kow how to send the payment. If you can
> send the Name, A/C No. & Bank, I can deposit a cheque in this A/C as
> followed for 'Meets'.
>
> On 29 September 2010 00:08, Shrikant Ingalhalikar <le...@rediffmail.com>wrote:
>

> > Dear Members,
>
> > My new book 'Trees of Pune' on which I was working for last 3 years was
> > launched in Pune on 19 th September. Brief information on the contents of
> > the book was posted earlier but can also be seen on a page at
> >www.idsahyadri.comThe interactive map on this site provides viewing of
> > locations for 250 species of rare, heritage and avenues trees of Pune on
> > Google map. I would like to know if every tree species in any city has been
> > documented before.
>
> > The navigation for identification is based on features of leaves. A sample
> > page image is also provided. I am sure that ITP members will enjoy
> > navigating through this field guide.
>
> > The book though titled as 'Trees of Pune' is useful for every city because
> > most of the 482 trees would be found in every city.
> > The book is priced at Rs. 600 and as indicated earlier a discount of Rs.
> > 100 is the privilege of ITP members.
> > Please send your requirements so they can be catered to. With regards,
>
> > Shrikant Ingalhalikar
> > 12 Varshanand Society
> > Anandnagar Sinhagad Road
> > Pune 411 051.www.idsahyadri.com
> > Tel 91 20 2435 0765.
> > Fax 91 20 2438 9190.
>
> > <http://sigads.rediff.com/RealMedia/ads/click_nx.ads/www.rediffmail.co...>
>
> --
> With regards,
> J.M.Garg (jmga...@gmail.com)http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:Jmgarg1
> The whole world uses my Image Resource of more than a *thousand species* of
> Birds, Butterflies, Plants etc. (arranged alphabetically & place-wise):http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Category:J.M.Garg
> For identification, learning & discussion about Indian Flora, please visit/
> join our Google e-group- Efloraofindia:http://groups.google.co.in/group/indiantreepix(more than 1375 members &
> 48,500 messages on 25/9/10 & with a database of around 4000 species)- Hide quoted text -

shrikant ingalhalikar

Sep 29, 2010, 9:30:12 PM9/29/10
to efloraofindia
Dr. Arvind ji, sending by courier within Pune would be unnecessary.
You may buy from the book shops or collect from my residence. Regards,
Shrikant

On Sep 29, 11:21 pm, "Dr. Arvind Kadus" <agastiayur...@yahoo.co.in>
wrote:
> I also like to have a copy. My current address is 37/5,Samarth
> Complex,Dhanakawadi,Pune-43.Ph: 09422085606 Pl. let me kow how to send
> the payment. If you can
> send the Name, A/C No. & Bank, I can deposit a cheque in this A/C or
> can pay the cash.
> Dr.Kadus Arvind,Pune.
>
> On Sep 29, 9:46 am, "J.M. Garg" <jmga...@gmail.com> wrote:
>

> > Thanks, Shrikant for this wonderful effort.
> > People of India will remain indebted to you.
> > We require more such visionaries to take our Flora to the masses.
> > Pune remains at the forefront in this regard.
> > My salute for your great work!
>
> > Note- I will like to have a copy. My current address is Jag Mohan Garg, 1G,
> > Railway Officers' Colony, J.K.Paul Road, New Alipore, Kolkata, India. Pin-
> > 700038. Ph. 9002020775. Pl. let me kow how to send the payment. If you can
> > send the Name, A/C No. & Bank, I can deposit a cheque in this A/C as
> > followed for 'Meets'.
>
> > On 29 September 2010 00:08, Shrikant Ingalhalikar <le...@rediffmail.com>wrote:
>
> > > Dear Members,
>
> > > My new book 'Trees of Pune' on which I was working for last 3 years was
> > > launched in Pune on 19 th September. Brief information on the contents of
> > > the book was posted earlier but can also be seen on a page at
> > >www.idsahyadri.comTheinteractive map on this site provides viewing of
> > join our Google e-group- Efloraofindia:http://groups.google.co.in/group/indiantreepix(morethan 1375 members &
> > 48,500 messages on 25/9/10 & with a database of around 4000 species)- Hide quoted text -

Ushaprabha

Sep 30, 2010, 1:48:45 AM9/30/10
to efloraofindia
Its beautiful book, having thought provoking preface. Also very
useful for plant lovers in general , individuals, and organizations
involved in tree planting.
Plantlovers, students in this field should do such exersize to publish
info of trees in their respective areas, on the lines of `Pune
Trees,Trees of Delhi, etc.

On Sep 28, 11:38 pm, "Shrikant Ingalhalikar" <le...@rediffmail.com>
wrote:
> Dear Members,
>
> My new book 'Trees of Pune' on which I was working for last 3 years was launched in Pune on 19 th September. Brief information on the contents of the book was posted earlier but can also be seen on a page atwww.idsahyadri.comThe interactive map on this site provides viewing of locations for 250 species of rare, heritage and avenues trees of Pune on Google map. I would like to know if every tree species in any city has been documented before.
>
> The navigation for identification is based on features of leaves. A sample page image is also provided. I am sure that ITP members will enjoy navigating through this field guide.
>
> The book though titled as 'Trees of Pune' is useful for every city because most of the 482 trees would be found in every city.
> The book is priced at Rs. 600 and as indicated earlier a discount of Rs. 100 is the privilege of ITP members.
> Please send your requirements so they can be catered to. With regards,
>
> Shrikant Ingalhalikar
> 12 Varshanand Society
> Anandnagar Sinhagad Road
> Pune 411 051.www.idsahyadri.com
> Tel 91 20 2435 0765.
> Fax 91 20 2438 9190.
>
>  TOP_Cover_Artwork.pdf
> 471KViewDownload

Rashida Atthar

Sep 30, 2010, 3:15:33 AM9/30/10
to J.M. Garg, Shrikant Ingalhalikar, indian...@googlegroups.com
Thanks for this wonderful effort Shrikant ji. The idea of incorporating tree-sure hunt on the website is very creative and great learning experience, providing precise  locations of the species.  I enjoyed the interactive map, and was pleasantly surprised to know that trees like Olea europea and  Cocoluba uvifera are also in Pune !   Sending the details  on your address.

regards,
Rashida.

shrikant ingalhalikar

Sep 30, 2010, 6:25:05 AM9/30/10
to efloraofindia
Special thanks Rashida ji, not only for compliments but for being the
first person to have navigated through the interactive map and to have
enjoyed the concept. Regards, Shrikant
> >>www.idsahyadri.comThe interactive map on this site provides viewing of
> >> locations for 250 species of rare, heritage and avenues trees of Pune on
> >> Google map. I would like to know if every tree species in any city has been
> >> documented before.
>
> >> The navigation for identification is based on features of leaves. A sample
> >> page image is also provided. I am sure that ITP members will enjoy
> >> navigating through this field guide.
>
> >> The book though titled as 'Trees of Pune' is useful for every city because
> >> most of the 482 trees would be found in every city.
> >> The book is priced at Rs. 600 and as indicated earlier a discount of Rs.
> >> 100 is the privilege of ITP members.
> >> Please send your requirements so they can be catered to. With regards,
>
> >> Shrikant Ingalhalikar
> >> 12 Varshanand Society
> >> Anandnagar Sinhagad Road
> >> Pune 411 051.www.idsahyadri.com
> >> Tel 91 20 2435 0765.
> >> Fax 91 20 2438 9190.
>
> >http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:Jmgarg1
> > 'Creating awareness of Indian Flora & Fauna'
> > The whole world uses my Image Resource of more than a *thousand species*of Birds, Butterflies, Plants etc. (arranged alphabetically & place-wise):
> >http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Category:J.M.Garg
> > For identification, learning & discussion about Indian Flora, please visit/
> > join our Google e-group- Efloraofindia:
> >http://groups.google.co.in/group/indiantreepix(more than 1375 members &

Balkar Arya

Sep 30, 2010, 10:47:20 AM9/30/10
to shrikant ingalhalikar, efloraofindia
Dear Shrikant Ji
I need a copy
Pls let me know about the Bank Ac No etc for sending Money

--
Regards

Dr Balkar Singh
Arya P G College, Panipat
Haryana-132103
09416262964

Anand Kumar Bhatt

Oct 4, 2010, 1:13:17 PM10/4/10
to indiantreepix
This is about Santalum album. somebody told me from Pune that it has fragrance. So far as I understand, the roots and the inner core of the tree are fragrant, and the tree as such does not have a fragrance. I dont know about floweeers and I am told that the tree flowers profusely. Does the flower have some fragrance? I will grateful for opinion of experts.
ak

--
Anand Kumar Bhatt
A-59, B.S.F.Colony, Airport Road

Dr. Arvind Kadus

Oct 4, 2010, 1:26:43 PM10/4/10
to efloraofindia, anand...@gmail.com
Dear Anand Ji Santalum album as a whole tree is not having any type of
fragrance at all! Flowers are having mild, but not like the Sandal
wood. Inner core of the MATURE trunk only gives the Fragrance.
Dr.Kadus Arvind,Pune.

J.M. Garg

Oct 24, 2010, 2:06:13 AM10/24/10
to efloraofindia

Forwarding again for any assistance in the matter pl.

--
With regards,
J.M.Garg (jmg...@gmail.com)

For identification, learning, discussion & documentation of Indian Flora, please visit/ join our Google e-group- Efloraofindia:http://groups.google.co.in/group/indiantreepix (more than 1400 members & 50,000 messages on 10/10/10 & with a database of around 4100 species on 31/8/10)

J.M. Garg

promila chaturvedi

Nov 1, 2011, 9:22:55 AM11/1/11
to Ushaprabha, efloraofindia
Shrikant Ji,
I live in Delhi. I want a copy of your book. I wonder if it is there in
Delhi book-shop. If it is not there I wll request you to arrange a copy for me.
with regards,
Promila

Dr Pankaj Kumar

Nov 1, 2011, 9:42:14 AM11/1/11
to efloraofindia
Just incase you are planning to send me a complimentary copy, I can
send you may postal address :P....
Great work sir and again from actually a non-botanist.
I am your big time fan...
Best wishes.....
Pankaj

On Nov 1, 9:22 pm, promila chaturvedi
<thegardener.chaturv...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Shrikant Ji,
> I live in Delhi. I want a copy of your book. I wonder if it is there in
> Delhi book-shop. If it is not there I wll request you to arrange a copy for
> me.
> with regards,
> Promila
>
> On Thu, Sep 30, 2010 at 11:18 AM, Ushaprabha <ushaprabhap...@gmail.com>wrote:
>

> > Its beautiful book, having thought provoking preface.  Also very
> > useful for plant lovers in general , individuals, and organizations
> > involved in tree  planting.
> > Plantlovers, students in this field should do such exersize to publish
> > info of trees in their respective areas, on the lines of `Pune
> > Trees,Trees of Delhi, etc.
>
> > On Sep 28, 11:38 pm, "Shrikant  Ingalhalikar" <le...@rediffmail.com>
> > wrote:
> > > Dear Members,
>
> > > My new book 'Trees of Pune' on which I was working for last 3 years was
> > launched in Pune on 19 th September. Brief information on the contents of
> > the book was posted earlier but can also be seen on a page
> > atwww.idsahyadri.comTheinteractive map on this site provides viewing of

promila chaturvedi

Nov 1, 2011, 9:50:06 AM11/1/11
to Balkar Arya, shrikant ingalhalikar, efloraofindia
Shrikant Ji,
Please let me also use the privilege of getting a copy. Let us know the account number.
My address-
Promila Chaturvedi
238 Siddhartha Enclave,
New Delhi-110014