Kalatope idal120711

Alok Mahendroo

Jul 12, 2011, 11:40:05 AM7/12/11
to indian...@googlegroups.com
Dear friends,
Something tells me that this plant might be the same.. is my hunch
correct or should I separate them for the record..

Location Kalatope
Altitude 2100 mts
Habit herb
Habitat wild
Plant height 16-18 inches

regards
Alok
--
Himalayan Village Education Trust
Village Khudgot,

www.hivetrust.wordpress.com
www.forwildlife.wordpress.com
http://mushroomobserver.org/observer/observations_by_user?_js=on&_new=true&id=2186

DSCN3624.jpg
DSCN3626.jpg
DSCN3628.jpg
DSCN3631.jpg

Gurcharan Singh

Jul 12, 2011, 10:28:02 PM7/12/11
to Alok Mahendroo, indian...@googlegroups.com
Yes Alok ji
You have mixed two plants. The one with rounded head is Lecanthus wallichii. Two species may occur in your area: L. wightii with only up to 10 cm long plants and head smaller than 4 mm; L. wallichii with plant up to 60 cm tall and head 1.5 cm to 4 cm.

The other plant with delicate branching inflorescence is Pilea umbrosa, I suppose

--
Dr. Gurcharan Singh
Retired  Associate Professor

Alok Mahendroo

Jul 12, 2011, 11:50:32 PM7/12/11
to Gurcharan Singh, indian...@googlegroups.com
Sorry sir, I'll post them separately as observations.. thank you for
clarifying my query..
regards
Alok
P.S The one with the round head must be L. wallichii since the flower
heads are about 1-1.5 cm approx....
Alok