DV - 26AUG10 - 0556 :: species of Adelocaryum / Cynoglossum ?

Dinesh Valke

Sep 4, 2010, 11:17:35 AM9/4/10
to efloraofindia
Dear friends,
Would this be a member of Boraginaceae, a species of Adelocaryum / Cynoglossum ?
ID please.

Date/Time
: August 26, 2010 at 5.56pm IST
Location Place : Needle Point, near Panchagani, Maharashtra.
Altitude : 1207 m (above mean sea level)
GPS : 17°56'22.00"N, 73°42'29.35"E

Habitat : near stream, wet slopes
Type : do not know

Plant
Habit
: small erect shrub
Height : about 1 m
Length : - not a climber -

Leaves
Type
: simple with entire margin, tomentous. alternately arranged and whorling, tomentous, stem clasping
Shape : cordate at base, tapering towards tip
Size : gradually decreasing from plant base towards top ... at mid-height: about 7 - 8 cm x 3 - 4 cm

Inflorescence
Type
: cluster rising from leaf axil, and at apex of stem
Size : about 15 - 20 mm

Flowers
Size
: of bud, about 3 - 5 mm
Colour : possibly white with hint of pink / mauve / lavender
Calyx : do not know
Bracts : do not know

Fruits
Type
: do not know
Shape : do not know
Size : do not know
Seeds : do not know

Other Info
Fragrance : do not know
Pollinator : do not know
Uses : do not know

Regards.
P1250006.jpg
P1240997.jpg
P1240999.jpg

tanay bose

Sep 4, 2010, 12:05:25 PM9/4/10
to Dinesh Valke, efloraofindia
I think some species of Adelocaryum but not sure
Tanay

--
Tanay Bose
Research Assistant & Teaching Assistant

Gurcharan Singh

Oct 4, 2010, 9:49:26 PM10/4/10
to efloraofindia, Dinesh Valke, TANAY BOSE, Dr. Pankaj Kumar
Resurfacing again for ID

Earlier feedback

Tanay................................................I think some species of Adelocaryum but not sure

--
Dr. Gurcharan Singh
Retired  Associate Professor

Dinesh Valke

Oct 18, 2010, 5:59:10 AM10/18/10
to Gurcharan Singh, efloraofindia, TANAY BOSE, Dr. Pankaj Kumar
... could there be good chances of this plant being Adelocaryum lambertianum ?

Regards.

Gurcharan Singh

Nov 2, 2010, 5:13:36 PM11/2/10
to efloraofindia

Dinesh ji--------------------------------------------... could there be good chances of this plant being Adelocaryum lambertianum ?

--
Dr. Gurcharan Singh
Retired  Associate Professor
Phone: 011-25518297  Mob: 9810359089
http://people.du.ac.in/~singhg45/

Nov 3, 2010, 4:54:54 AM11/3/10
to Gurcharan Singh, efloraofindia
Hi,
I think it is Adenoon indicum.

Rajdeo Singh
Project fellow
St. Xavier's College
Mumbai

J.M. Garg

Nov 30, 2010, 12:08:15 AM11/30/10
to efloraofindia, tanay bose, Dinesh Valke, rajdeo singh, Shrikant Ingalhalikar, Rashida Atthar

Some earlier relevant feedback:

“I think some species of Adelocaryum but not sure
Tanay”

“... could there be good chances of this plant being Adelocaryum lambertianum ?” from Dinesh ji.

“I think it is Adenoon indicum.

Rajdeo Singh”

Dec 23, 2020, 8:25:21 AM12/23/20
to efloraofindia
Adelocaryum coelestinum (Lindl.) Brand ??
Thank you
Saroj Kasaju

J.M. Garg

Dec 23, 2020, 9:39:11 AM12/23/20
to efloraofindia, Saroj Kasaju, DineshValke

--
With regards,
J. M. Garg

Dinesh Valke

Dec 23, 2020, 10:42:16 PM12/23/20
to J.M. Garg, efloraofindia, Saroj Kasaju
Many thanks Saroj ji and Garg ji.
I think it is best to leave this plant unidentified, because the photos do not give sufficient clues.
Regards.
Dinesh

Gurcharan Singh

Jun 18, 2021, 8:46:56 AM6/18/21
to efloraofindia

Gurcharan Singh

Jun 18, 2021, 8:47:48 AM6/18/21
to indiantreepix, Dinesh Valke
Forwarding for ID
Distributed as Adenoon indicum ?
Group discussion at

Jun 22, 2021, 8:15:41 AM6/22/21
to Gurcharan Singh, indiantreepix
Many many thanks Gurcharan ji for resurfacing this query.
I do not think it is Adenoon indicum. I have been thinking this is some Boraginaceae plant, by the look of leaves.But, I may be wrong.
I think it is best to leave this plant unidentified, because the photos do not give sufficient clues.
Regards.
Dinesh

J.M. Garg

Jun 28, 2021, 11:02:35 AM6/28/21
to efloraofindia, DineshValke

With regards,
J.M.Garg
P1250006.jpg
P1240997.jpg
P1240999.jpg

J.M. Garg

Jun 28, 2021, 11:07:51 AM6/28/21
to efloraofindia, DineshValke
--
With regards,
J.M.Garg

Dinesh Valke

Jul 9, 2021, 9:04:42 AM7/9/21
to J.M. Garg, efloraofindia
Yes Garg ji, many thanks for your thoughts.
I too have the same thoughts, and it must be so.
Regards.
Dinesh.