efloraofindia:''For Id 09102011MR2’’ rosy pink flowers Pune

Madhuri Raut

Oct 9, 2011, 10:23:50 AM10/9/11
to efloraofindia

Request for identification

Date/Time-Oct 2011

Location- Place, Altitude, GPS-Pune

Habitat- Garden/ Urban/ Wild/ Type-Garden

Plant Habit- Tree/ Shrub/ Climber/ Herb- Shrub

Height/Length- 4 ft

Leaves Type/ Shape/ Size-green

Flowers Size/ Colour/ Calyx/ Bracts- deep pink flowers

Fruits Type/ Shape/ Size Seeds not seen

Regards
Bhagyashri
091020112406.jpg
091020112407.jpg
091020112409.jpg
051020112283.jpg
051020112284.jpg
051020112285.jpg

H S

Oct 9, 2011, 10:27:20 AM10/9/11
to Madhuri Raut, efloraofindia
I guess some Adenium species

regards,
--
 - H.S.

A scientific man ought to have no wishes, no affections, - a mere heart of stone

Gurcharan Singh

Oct 9, 2011, 10:28:53 AM10/9/11
to H S, Madhuri Raut, efloraofindia
Yes denium obesum

--
Dr. Gurcharan Singh
Retired  Associate Professor

H S

Oct 9, 2011, 10:31:39 AM10/9/11
to Gurcharan Singh, Madhuri Raut, efloraofindia
Adenium obesum (Forssk.) Roem. & Schult.

regards,

Balkar Singh

Oct 9, 2011, 11:47:08 AM10/9/11
to H S, Gurcharan Singh, Madhuri Raut, efloraofindia
Yes Adenium obesum
Common garden plant in our area
--
Regards

Dr Balkar Singh
Arya P G College, Panipat
Haryana-132103
09416262964

Madhuri Raut

Oct 9, 2011, 1:07:03 PM10/9/11
to Balkar Singh, H S, Gurcharan Singh, efloraofindia
Thank you HSji ,Balkarji and Gurcharanji.
I found on the net that it is also called Desert Rose.
Also found some interesting info about its trunk equating it to Lord Ganesha calling it Adenium Ganeshum Here is the link
http://www.adeniumsindia.com/news_articleView.php?id=12
The flower I have posted is a Hybrid variety according to this link

Regards
Bhagyashri