Pleases Identify this tree at the bank of Powai lake ID07 new

Vinayak Kulkarni

May 11, 2011, 10:35:33 AM5/11/11
to indian...@googlegroups.com
Location- Powai lake, powai, Mumbai, Maharashtra    Altitude: Sea level
Habitat- Wild
Plant Habit- medium Tree
Height/Length- 15mtr
Leaves Type/ Shape/ Size- as seen in photo
Inflorescence Type/ Size- as seen in photo
Flowers Size/ Colour/ Calyx/ Bracts-as seen in photo
Fruits Type/ Shape/ Size Seeds- not found
Other Information like Fragrance, Pollinator, Uses etc.- no idea
tree.JPG
stem.JPG
Leaves.JPG
leaves backside.JPG
flowers.JPG
flowers1.JPG
flowers2.JPG

Ninad Raut

May 12, 2011, 1:43:32 AM5/12/11
to efloraofindia
HI,
For me it looks like Lannea coromandelica of Anacardiaceae (Cashew
family)
In Marathi it known as मोई moi, शेमट shemat, शिमटी shimati, शिंटी
shinti

Regards
Ninad
>  tree.JPG
> 252KViewDownload
>
>  stem.JPG
> 256KViewDownload
>
>  Leaves.JPG
> 274KViewDownload
>
>  leaves backside.JPG
> 269KViewDownload
>
>  flowers.JPG
> 202KViewDownload
>
>  flowers1.JPG
> 219KViewDownload
>
>  flowers2.JPG
> 205KViewDownload

Nidhan Singh

May 12, 2011, 3:10:43 AM5/12/11
to Ninad Raut, efloraofindia
Hi,
 I think Ninad ji is right, this plant can be Lannea coromandelica.

--
Regards,

Dr. Nidhan Singh
Department of Botany
I.B. (PG) College
Panipat-132103 Haryana
Ph.: 09416371227

Dinesh Valke

May 12, 2011, 3:15:20 AM5/12/11
to Nidhan Singh, Ninad Raut, efloraofindia
... me too with Ninad ji's and Nidhan ji's thoughts ... it is Lannea coromandelica.
Regards.
Dinesh