unid-TQ08 Govindghat

Tabish

Oct 26, 2010, 4:12:29 PM10/26/10
to indiantreepix
An unruly shrub or herb - possibly climbing.
Yellow tubular flowers with 4 petals. Flower-tube is velvety on the outside.
Govindghat-Ghanghria route, Uttarakhand
Altitude - 2000-3000 m.
Flowering in June.
Please identify. I don't even have an idea of the family.
- Tabish
unid-TQ08-a.jpg
unid-TQ08-b.jpg
unid-TQ08-c.jpg

Sharad Kambale

Oct 26, 2010, 11:03:39 PM10/26/10
to Tabish, indiantreepix
Some apocynaceae

Gurcharan Singh

Oct 27, 2010, 12:37:31 AM10/27/10
to Sharad Kambale, Tabish, indiantreepix
I wonder if there is any member of Apocynaceae with four-lobed corolla!!

--
Dr. Gurcharan Singh
Retired  Associate Professor

Tabish

Oct 28, 2010, 6:45:09 AM10/28/10
to efloraofindia
This has been identified as Wikstroemia canescens by Dr. G.S. Rawat
from WII, Dehradun:
http://www.gaolongxiao.com/chinese/product/product_view.asp?productid=955
http://www.efloras.org/florataxon.aspx?flora_id=5&taxon_id=200014526
It is a Shrub found in the Himalayas, at altitudes of 1800-3200 m, in
Afghanistan, Himalaya (Kashmir to Nepal), NE India, Ceylon, China.
- Tabish

On Oct 27, 9:37 am, Gurcharan Singh <singh...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I wonder if there is any member of Apocynaceae with four-lobed corolla!!
>
> --
> Dr. Gurcharan Singh
> Retired  Associate Professor
>
> On Tue, Oct 26, 2010 at 8:03 PM, Sharad Kambale <sksharad...@gmail.com>wrote: