Beautiful tiny blue flowers on rock hills of Haldipur

raghu ananth

Nov 27, 2010, 4:30:58 AM11/27/10
to indian...@googlegroups.com

Tiny blue flowers on rock hills of Haldipur

The second week of October and it is still raining in Haldipur. Here there is rocky hill at a km distance from home. On reaching top we find its is actually a   a plain flat rock surface which stretches for about 2-3 kms

 The hills have long soaked in all the rains giving rise to an abundance of beautiful tiny flowering plants, a sort of bluish-purple carpeting on the otherwise barren landscape. Small water bodies are created here and there. The little blue flowers thrive near those water holes on the rock surfaces.

 Octobers always present pleasant weather in the mornings and walking on this vast stretch of hill plains is a great experience. Apart from a few forest dwellers who gather firewood and carry it on their shoulders for long distances, we find no human trace. Silence prevails here.

Regards

Raghu / Sannidi / Shradda

DSC_7783a.jpg
DSC_7777b.jpg
DSC_7776c.jpg
DSC_7763d.jpg
DSC_7780e.jpg
DSC_7781f.jpg

Raghu

Nov 27, 2010, 5:41:14 AM11/27/10
to efloraofindia
Looks close to Lentibulariaceae - Utricularia

Regards
Raghu

tanay bose

Nov 27, 2010, 9:27:49 AM11/27/10
to Raghu, efloraofindia
I guess Utricularia babui
Tanay
--
Tanay Bose
Department of Botany.

Pankaj Kumar

Nov 27, 2010, 1:40:34 PM11/27/10
to Raghu, efloraofindia
Utricularia purpurascens may be.... May be Aparna can help
plz................. and I didnt get my hornbill :(
Pankaj

Pankaj Kumar Ph.D. (Orchidaceae)
Research Associate
Department of Habitat Ecology
Wildlife Institute of India
Post Box # 18
Dehradun - 248001, India

Gurcharan Singh

Dec 13, 2010, 11:52:24 AM12/13/10
to efloraofindia, raghu ananth, TANAY BOSE, Dr. Pankaj Kumar
Resurfacing again for ID

Earlier feedback

Tanay.......................................................I guess Utricularia babui

Pankaj ji................................................Utricularia purpurascens may be.... May be Aparna can help                  plz................. and I didnt get my hornbill :(

Dr. Gurcharan Singh
Retired  Associate Professor
Phone: 011-25518297  Mob: 9810359089
http://people.du.ac.in/~singhg45/
DSC_7783a.jpg
DSC_7777b.jpg
DSC_7776c.jpg
DSC_7763d.jpg
DSC_7780e.jpg
DSC_7781f.jpg

mani nair

Dec 13, 2010, 11:33:56 PM12/13/10
to Gurcharan Singh, efloraofindia, raghu ananth, TANAY BOSE, Dr. Pankaj Kumar
Nice flowers.  Where is this Haldipur?

Regards,

Mani.

Mayur Nandikar

Dec 15, 2010, 5:08:26 AM12/15/10
to mani nair, Gurcharan Singh, efloraofindia, raghu ananth, TANAY BOSE, Dr. Pankaj Kumar
yes same question here
Where is the place situated? look likes a plateau....
and most probable this one is Utricularaia purpurescens

Thank you
--
Mr. Mayur D. Nandikar,
Research Student,

J.M. Garg

Jan 4, 2011, 7:46:24 AM1/4/11
to efloraofindia, tanay bose, raghu ananth, Dr. Pankaj Kumar, Mayur Nandikar, Milind Sardesai, Aparna Watve

Some earlier relevant feedback:

“Looks close to  Lentibulariaceae - Utricularia

Regards
Raghu”

I guess Utricularia babui
Tanay”

Utricularia purpurascens may be.... May be Aparna can help

plz................. and I didnt get my hornbill :(

Pankaj”

"Where is the place situated? look likes a plateau....
and most probable this one is Utricularaia purpurescens " from Mayur ji.

For identification, learning, discussion & documentation of Indian Flora, please visit/ join our Google e-group- Efloraofindia:http://groups.google.co.in/group/indiantreepix (more than 1475 members & 57,000 messages on 16/12/10 & with a database of around 4400 species on 30/11/10)

DSC_7783a.jpg
DSC_7777b.jpg
DSC_7776c.jpg
DSC_7763d.jpg
DSC_7780e.jpg
DSC_7781f.jpg

J.M. Garg

Jan 5, 2011, 12:13:07 AM1/5/11
to efloraofindia, tanay bose, raghu ananth, Dr. Pankaj Kumar, Mayur Nandikar, Milind Sardesai, Aparna Watve
A reply from Dr. Milind Sardesia ji:
"It is Utricularia reticulata"

Gurcharan Singh