Hello, I am a new member!

Sharada Balasubramanian

Jul 20, 2011, 8:09:16 AM7/20/11
to indian...@googlegroups.com
Hello everyone,

I am Sharada and new to this group. I am a writer by profession and after a 8-yr stint in journalism, I now write actively on environmental issues, specifically on conservation. My aim is to write on conservation education and reach out to the masses to educate through writing. I coordinate and work with different scientists and then understand the essence of what they do and put it across to people to understand what happens. I currently write for TerraGreen on environment and sustainability. I also occasionally write for newspapers on environment.

I am happy to be a part of this group! I hope to learn and interact with a lot of people, and gain more knowledge.

Thank you!

Dinesh Valke

Jul 20, 2011, 9:11:04 AM7/20/11
to Sharada Balasubramanian, indian...@googlegroups.com
Welcome Sharada ji,
It is good to find people of different fields in our group.
Happy posting.

Regards.
Dinesh

Gurcharan Singh

Jul 20, 2011, 9:20:49 AM7/20/11
to Dinesh Valke, Sharada Balasubramanian, indian...@googlegroups.com
Welcome Sharada ji
Good to have you in our group.

--
Dr. Gurcharan Singh
Retired  Associate Professor

formp...@yahoo.com

Jul 20, 2011, 10:08:13 AM7/20/11
to Sharada Balasubramanian, Efloraindia
Welcome to the group. We also have a subgroup of storytellors hidden among the scientists.
So now we have a real story teller.
Welcome by the story teller group too
Madhuri

Sent from BlackBerry® on Airtel

From: Sharada Balasubramanian <sharad...@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 20 Jul 2011 17:39:16 +0530
Subject: [efloraofindia:74592] Hello, I am a new member!

Ushadi micromini

Jul 20, 2011, 10:40:52 AM7/20/11
to efloraofindia
Welcome, Sharada ji...
there are so many issues that need raising awareness about,
that a trained journalist who takes an active interest in the issue
and writes/ expresses herself well is very welcome...

Usha di
=====

On Jul 20, 7:08 pm, formpeja...@yahoo.com wrote:
> Welcome to the group. We also have a subgroup of storytellors hidden among the scientists.
> So now we have a real story teller.
> Welcome by the story teller group too
> Madhuri
> Sent from BlackBerry® on Airtel

Dr Pankaj Kumar

Jul 20, 2011, 10:56:39 AM7/20/11
to efloraofindia
Dear Sharada mam,
Firstly thanks a lot for joining our group. Now that I know that you
are a writer/journalist, I am tempted to ask you for a favour. This is
my personal view so please dont misunderstand it.
This efloraofindia is the first and only one of its kind that exists
in India where members are from varied background but share
information on plant diversity. Me sitting on my chair in the
foothills of Himalaya at Wildlife Institute of India, with access to
internet can know what plants are flowering in South India in the
western Ghats and at the same time what is in flowering in the north
east Himalaya. Members have been selflessly sharing the information
and expertise to each and every posts. This is really getting into a
form of an online organisation. So, why dont you write an article
about it and let people know about our efforts. Let people know how a
common man from various background can get involved in scientific
information sharing by making best use of resources available for
free. They just need to devote some time out of their usual work. This
will help us gain more members as well a expertise and ultimately a
better database on indian plants.
Regards
Pankaj

On Jul 20, 7:40 pm, Ushadi micromini <microminipho...@gmail.com>

formp...@yahoo.com

Jul 20, 2011, 11:09:22 AM7/20/11
to Dr Pankaj Kumar, Efloraindia
Well said
Three cheers to efloraindia!
Madhuri

Balkar Arya

Jul 20, 2011, 11:55:42 AM7/20/11
to formp...@yahoo.com, Dr Pankaj Kumar, Efloraindia
yes Pankaj Ji
--
Regards

Dr Balkar Singh
Arya P G College, Panipat
Haryana-132103
09416262964

Smilax004

Jul 20, 2011, 12:53:18 PM7/20/11
to efloraofindia
A good suggestion from Pankajji.

Regards
Giby

Mahadeswara

Jul 20, 2011, 11:16:30 PM7/20/11
to efloraofindia
Well said. Excellent suggestion by Dr.Pankaj.

Yazdy Palia

Jul 21, 2011, 1:24:25 AM7/21/11
to Sharada Balasubramanian, indian...@googlegroups.com
welcome Sharada Ji. Am just a farmer.
Regards
Yazdy Palia.

On Wed, Jul 20, 2011 at 5:39 PM, Sharada Balasubramanian

manudev madhavan

Jul 21, 2011, 3:23:04 AM7/21/11
to Mahadeswara, efloraofindia
Well said Pankaj ji...!!