Pune Tree for ID

Shrikant Ingalhalikar

Dec 6, 2010, 5:47:45 AM12/6/10
to indiantreepix
Small tree in a Pune garden; bark light coloured; branches slender. Leaves digitate; leaflets 5, elliptic, bluntly acuminate, shallowly dentate, glabrous. Gland like projection at the apex of petiole and petiolules. (not Joannesia but similar) Flowers and fruits not yet observed. Regards,

Shrikant Ingalhalikar
12 Varshanand Society
Anandnagar Sinhagad Road
Pune 411 051. www.idsahyadri.com
Tel 91 20 2435 0765.
Fax 91 20 2438 9190.
UNID_Pune.jpg

rajdeo singh

Dec 6, 2010, 6:08:23 AM12/6/10
to Shrikant Ingalhalikar, indiantreepix
Hi,
May be some Tabebuia sp.

***
Rajdeo Singh
Project fellow
St. Xavier's College,
Mumbai

Mahadeswara

Dec 6, 2010, 6:59:21 AM12/6/10
to efloraofindia
Tabebuia sps.

On Dec 6, 3:47 pm, "Shrikant Ingalhalikar" <le...@rediffmail.com>
wrote:
> Small tree in a Pune garden; bark light coloured; branches slender. Leaves digitate; leaflets 5, elliptic, bluntly acuminate, shallowly dentate, glabrous. Gland like projection at the apex of petiole and petiolules. (not Joannesia but similar) Flowers and fruits not yet observed. Regards,Shrikant Ingalhalikar12 Varshanand SocietyAnandnagar Sinhagad RoadPune 411 051.www.idsahyadri.comTel91 20 2435 0765.Fax 91 20 2438 9190.
>
>  UNID_Pune.jpg
> 233KViewDownload

shrikant ingalhalikar

Dec 6, 2010, 11:15:41 PM12/6/10
to efloraofindia
Sorry, forgot to mention the size of leaflet, they were 3 to 7 cm
long. What about glands? Does not appear to be any of the Tabebuias.
Regards, Shrikant

On Dec 6, 4:59 pm, Mahadeswara <swamy.c...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Tabebuia sps.
>
> On Dec 6, 3:47 pm, "Shrikant  Ingalhalikar" <le...@rediffmail.com>
> wrote:
>

> > Small tree in a Pune garden; bark light coloured; branches slender. Leaves digitate; leaflets 5, elliptic, bluntly acuminate, shallowly dentate, glabrous. Gland like projection at the apex of petiole and petiolules. (not Joannesia but similar) Flowers and fruits not yet observed. Regards,Shrikant Ingalhalikar12 Varshanand SocietyAnandnagar Sinhagad RoadPune 411 051.www.idsahyadri.comTel9120 2435 0765.Fax 91 20 2438 9190.
>
> >  UNID_Pune.jpg
> > 233KViewDownload- Hide quoted text -

Pardeshi S.

Dec 7, 2010, 12:42:23 AM12/7/10
to efloraofindia
it is Tabebuia pentaphylla

Regards
Satish Pardehsi

On Dec 7, 9:15 am, shrikant ingalhalikar <le...@rediffmail.com> wrote:
> Sorry, forgot to mention the size of leaflet, they were 3 to 7 cm
> long. What about glands? Does not appear to be any of the Tabebuias.
> Regards, Shrikant
>
> On Dec 6, 4:59 pm, Mahadeswara <swamy.c...@gmail.com> wrote:
>

> > Tabebuia sps.
>
> > On Dec 6, 3:47 pm, "Shrikant  Ingalhalikar" <le...@rediffmail.com>
> > wrote:
>
> > > Small tree in a Pune garden; bark light coloured; branches slender. Leaves digitate; leaflets 5, elliptic, bluntly acuminate, shallowly dentate, glabrous. Gland like projection at the apex of petiole and petiolules. (not Joannesia but similar) Flowers and fruits not yet observed. Regards,Shrikant Ingalhalikar12 Varshanand SocietyAnandnagar Sinhagad RoadPune 411 051.www.idsahyadri.comTel91202435 0765.Fax 91 20 2438 9190.

Mahadeswara

Dec 7, 2010, 7:09:14 AM12/7/10
to efloraofindia
It is difficult to confirm the ID without seeing the flowers in
Tabebuia. Many species of Tabebuia possess compound leaves
(pentaphyllate nature).

On Dec 7, 10:42 am, "Pardeshi S." <satishparde...@gmail.com> wrote:
> it is  Tabebuia pentaphylla
>
> Regards
> Satish Pardehsi
>
> On Dec 7, 9:15 am, shrikant ingalhalikar <le...@rediffmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Sorry, forgot to mention the size of leaflet, they were 3 to 7 cm
> > long. What about glands? Does not appear to be any of the Tabebuias.
> > Regards, Shrikant
>
> > On Dec 6, 4:59 pm, Mahadeswara <swamy.c...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > > Tabebuia sps.

JM Garg

Dec 11, 2019, 3:18:24 AM12/11/19
to efloraofindia
Closest I can go is Handroanthus impetiginosus as per images and details herein.
UNID_Pune.jpg