VALMIKI : OBSERVER OF NATURE 42

Col Bimal Sarkar

Aug 19, 2011, 8:52:15 AM8/19/11
Dear Friend,
                   Attaching two images of the 42nd member in the series.The tree is mentioned as KHADIRA by Valmiki in Ramayan.Scientifically the tree is known as Acacia catechu.The common name is Cutch tree.It is Khair in Hindi and Bangla.

Regards
Col (Retd) Bimal Sarkar
Mobile: 9434194942
Khadira 1.jpg
Khadira 2.jpg

Ushadi micromini

Aug 20, 2011, 5:49:21 PM8/20/11
to efloraofindia
yes, Bimal da, very nice depiction of the seed pods.. Usha di
======
>  Khadira 1.jpg
> 80KViewDownload
>
>  Khadira 2.jpg
> 76KViewDownload

Dr Pankaj Kumar

Aug 20, 2011, 6:03:03 PM8/20/11
to efloraofindia
Just wanted to request you that your informations are really very
interesting. It would really be nice for you and also for the readers
if you can compile all these informations and publish it into a book
form.
And yeah, please dont forget to send me a copy of it, complimentary of
course !! :p
Pankaj

Na Bha

Aug 21, 2011, 10:32:48 AM8/21/11
to colbimalsar...@yahoo.com, efloraofindia
Yes Bimal ji,
i too find the fotos and Information very very interesting.
I feel that we, certainly myself would like to know in what context Walmiki mentioned this flower / tree.
I remember just that बोर (Marathi) Ziziphus mauritiana was mentioned in Ramayan in context with Shabari.
Regards
Nalini

promila chaturvedi

Sep 16, 2011, 8:27:19 AM9/16/11
to Na Bha, colbimalsar...@yahoo.com, efloraofindia
Col. Sarkar,
please continue as an active participant in the groop also.
Promila