Fw: Rhododendron Trek

Shrikant Ingalhalikar

Feb 6, 2011, 11:49:55 PM2/6/11
to indiantreepix

Shrikant Ingalhalikar
12 Varshanand Society
Anandnagar Sinhagad Road
Pune 411 051. www.idsahyadri.com
Tel 91 20 2435 0765.
Fax 91 20 2438 9190.

On Mon, 07 Feb 2011 09:07:11 +0530 "Shrikant Ingalhalikar"le...@rediffmail.com wrote
Dear Members,

I am contemplating a Rhodo trek on the path followed by Sir Joseph Hooker in Sikkim this summer. The trek begins from Yuksom, the last motorable destination. It involves leasurely but moderately difficult journey of 24 kms in 3 days to Dzongri at 12,000 ft,,exploring at Dzongri for 3 days and returning to Darjeeling in 2 days. The temperature can reach 2-5 Centigrades. The trek also gives close views of Kanchenjunga, Pandim and other snow capped peaks. This is alsothe habitat of Red Panda and a variety of birds and butterflies. Oportunities on plants are abundent.
The International Rhodo Festival IRF will conclude at Barsey, a destination on return journey in the trek. I am seeking company of another 3 like minded members for convenience. The datescan bearound the last week of March to first week of April as per everyone's convenience. Pls contact. Regards,