...rendering Indic scripts

1 view

Dinesh Valke

Apr 29, 2009, 12:35:40 PM4/29/09
to Indian Tree Pix
Hello friends,

Hope these links are of benefit to those who are keen in "writing" Indic scripts. The names in URL are suggestive of the languages.
  1. http://www.assamesemail.com/editor/trans.htm
  2. http://www.bengalimail.com/editor/trans.htm
  3. http://www.hindipatra.com/editor/trans.htm
  4. http://www.malayalapathram.com/editor/trans.htm
  5. http://www.oriyamail.com/editor/trans.htm
  6. http://www.tamilanjal.com/editor/trans.htm
  7. http://www.telugulekha.com/editor/trans.htm
  8. ... not ventured to find for other languages.
To know or make use of any of this online unicode editors, I found skill is not important; enthusiasm is a must !!!
That was big talks ... I know to use only Hindi editor !!!!

... for Devanagari writing, additionally one HTML based editor ... contained in zipped folder at http://groups.google.co.in/group/indiantreepix/web/unicode_devanagari_editor.zip).

Regards.

Anand Kumar Bhatt

Apr 29, 2009, 1:17:19 PM4/29/09
to Dinesh Valke, Indian Tree Pix
gmail has a much easier version.  Click hindi letter just above the writing space in compose mail and type in Roman script.
Cheers.
akbhatt
--
Anand Kumar Bhatt
A-59, B.S.F.Colony, Airport Road

Dinesh Valke

Apr 29, 2009, 2:07:57 PM4/29/09
to Anand Kumar Bhatt, Indian Tree Pix
... agreed gmail has it ... and those who do not have gmail acoounts, they may get such unicode editors in their favourite webmail application in some time from now.

I gave up quickly because I have got used to my routine methods.
I could not succed to get a few words like: अध्यण्डा adhyanda, अज्झटा ajjhata, दृढपदिः dridhapadi

Regards.

On Wed, Apr 29, 2009 at 10:05 PM, Dinesh Valke <dinesh...@gmail.com> wrote:
[...]

Abhay Tiwari

Apr 30, 2009, 2:45:27 AM4/30/09
to indiantreepix
Dear Friends,

To write in hindi or any other indian script, one can use Baraha. It
is very easy to use software based on phonetic keys. to write सब one
will use s, a, and b keys in roman. You use the same keys to write it
in devanagari. It is very simple. I myself use it to write my Hindi
blog.

Here is the link - http://www.baraha.com/download.htm

dowload it and install it on your system. on can toggle between roman
and devnagri by using F11. For further help use the help file within
the program.

All the best

Abhay Tiwari