Unidentified tree - Anshi NP

Raptor Conservation

Aug 13, 2011, 5:26:09 AM8/13/11
to indian...@googlegroups.com
Hi all,

Is this Dipterocarpus indicus? Sorry I do not have pictures of the leaves.

Best regards,
Dr.Pranay Rao Juvvadi,
General Secretary, Raptor Conservation Foundation,
1-10-63/4, Chikoti Gardens , Begumpet,
Hyderabad-500 016,
Andhra Pradesh, India .
Mobile No: (091) 9866978785
Email: raptorc...@yahoo.com
ID 3a.jpg

Mahadeswara

Aug 13, 2011, 8:24:33 AM8/13/11
to efloraofindia
Based on the photograph of the trunk it is generally not possible to
identify the taxa. One should always send the closeups of foliage,
flowers, fruits (whatever available) and details of the plant for ID.
You may also follow the guidelines of eflora while posting the plants
for ID.

On Aug 13, 2:26 pm, Raptor Conservation <raptorconse...@yahoo.com>
wrote:
> Email: raptorconse...@yahoo.com
>
>  ID 3a.jpg
> 219KViewDownload

Smilax004

Aug 13, 2011, 9:03:04 AM8/13/11
to Raptor Conservation, indiantreepix, Mahadeswara Swamy

It is surely not Dipterocarpus but my wild guess for stands for
Diospyros sp.

But, as Mahadeswara Ji pointed out, guessing from such pictures would
not be correct and mostly mislead hence please upload pictures that
has details such as twigs with leaves, flowers, fruits etc.

please search for leaves on the ground beneath the tree. Compare the
leaves that is on the ground with the one on the tree by using a
binocular or taking a zoomed picture (further zooming will help you id
the correct leaf that you could collect from the ground).

Regards,
Giby

wrote:

> Email: raptorconse...@yahoo.com