Rosaceae Week - Rosa rugosa var alba from Cardiff, Wales.

Neha Singh

Oct 4, 2011, 4:09:24 AM10/4/11
to efloraofindia
Hello friends,
                   This beautiful rose shrub was photographed at Cardiff, Wales, UK.
 Rose haw of this sp. are edible and usually cooked & strained for jellies.

Common name- White rugosa rose
Habitat- Wild
Date- July 2010.

A intresting Link -  http://www.paghat.com/rugosa3.html

Happy Rosaceae Week

Regards
Neha Singh

rosa rugosa alba.JPG
rosa rugosa alba (2).JPG

Balkar Arya

Oct 4, 2011, 9:15:16 AM10/4/11
to Neha Singh, efloraofindia
Nice pics and Link Neha Ji
--
Regards

Dr Balkar Singh
Arya P G College, Panipat
Haryana-132103
09416262964

mani nair

Oct 4, 2011, 1:54:54 PM10/4/11
to Balkar Arya, Neha Singh, efloraofindia
Beautiful roses. I think in the first photo they are seeds.
Regards,
Mani.

On 10/4/11, Balkar Arya <balka...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Nice pics and Link Neha Ji
>
> On Tue, Oct 4, 2011 at 1:39 PM, Neha Singh <neha.v...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Hello friends,
>> This beautiful rose shrub was photographed at Cardiff,
>> Wales, UK.
>> Rose haw of this sp. are edible and usually cooked & strained for jellies
>> .
>>

>> Common name-* *White rugosa rose

Madhuri Pejaver

Oct 4, 2011, 2:07:05 PM10/4/11
to Neha Singh, efloraofindia
What a beauty
thanks for sharing
Madhuri

Neha Singh

Oct 5, 2011, 2:08:01 AM10/5/11
to Madhuri Pejaver, efloraofindia, mani nair, Balkar Arya
Thank you all.

Yes Mani sir, each fruit, called a rose hip / haw , holds a few achenes.

Regards
Neha