id request 29052011 PJ1....

PUTTARAJU K

May 29, 2011, 10:03:12 AM5/29/11
to indiantreepix

Dear All,

 Id  requested for the following attachment.We can see that there are small projections on each leaf of this plant.

Date/Time-: 12/05/11   -    07:15

Location- Place, Altitude - Kaiga , Uttar Kannada ,Karnataka, 380 mtrs

Habitat- Garden/ Urban/ Wild/ Type-   wild

Plant Habit- Tree/ Shrub/ Climber/ Herb- tree

Height/Length- 2mtr

With Regards,
PUTTARAJU K,
SCIENTIFIC OFFICER,
KAIGA ATOMIC POWER PLANT,
POST-KAIGA, U.K.DISTRICT,
KARNATAKA -581400
MOB : 9448999150
EMAIL : pakshir...@gmail.com
             kputt...@npcil.co.in
DSC_0176.JPG

Gurcharan Singh

May 29, 2011, 10:16:24 AM5/29/11
to PUTTARAJU K, indiantreepix
I think these should be insect galls.

--
Dr. Gurcharan Singh
Retired  Associate Professor

Neil Soares

May 31, 2011, 12:17:01 AM5/31/11
to indiantreepix, PUTTARAJU K
Hi,
 These are leaf - galls. Galls are made by thrips, wasps, flies & mites.
                   Regards,
                    Neil Soares.

J.M. Garg

Sep 3, 2011, 6:00:32 AM9/3/11
to J.M. Garg, efloraofindia, vinay...@gmail.com, vijay.b...@gmail.com, giby.ku...@gmail.com, adav...@gmail.com, noorunni...@frlht.org, navend...@gmail.com, PUTTARAJU K, Neil Soares, Gurcharan Singh
leaf galls
--
 - H.S.

A scientific man ought to have no wishes, no affections, - a mere heart of stone