Flora of Arunachal Pradesh- Namdhapa near Miao- Fungi 5 for Id- JM

J.M. Garg

Dec 25, 2010, 9:05:18 AM12/25/10
to efloraofindia

Wild at Namdhapa near Miao, Arunachal Pradesh in 3rd week of August’10.

--
With regards,
J.M.Garg (jmg...@gmail.com)

Fungi 5 I IMG_1612.jpg
Fungi 5 I2 IMG_1615.jpg
Fungi 5 I2 IMG_1616.jpg
Fungi 5 I IMG_1615.jpg
Fungi 5 I IMG_1609.jpg

Pankaj Kumar

Dec 25, 2010, 9:10:01 AM12/25/10
to J.M. Garg, efloraofindia
How about Coprinellus micaceus?
Pankaj

Pankaj Kumar Ph.D. (Orchidaceae)
Research Associate
Department of Habitat Ecology
Wildlife Institute of India
Post Box # 18
Dehradun - 248001, India

tanay bose

Dec 25, 2010, 11:07:56 AM12/25/10
to Pankaj Kumar, J.M. Garg, efloraofindia
Coprinellus disseminatus
Tanay
--
Tanay Bose
Department of Botany.

Dr Pankaj Kumar

Dec 25, 2010, 2:20:05 PM12/25/10
to efloraofindia
Yes this should be Coprinellus disseminatus owing to the gills which
are adnate.
Pankaj

On Dec 25, 9:07 pm, tanay bose <tanaybos...@gmail.com> wrote:
> *Coprinellus disseminatus*
> Tanay
>
> On Sat, Dec 25, 2010 at 6:10 AM, Pankaj Kumar <sahanipan...@gmail.com>wrote:
>

> > How about Coprinellus micaceus?
> > Pankaj
>
> > On Sat, Dec 25, 2010 at 7:35 PM, J.M. Garg <jmga...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > > Wild at Namdhapa near Miao, Arunachal Pradesh in 3rd week of August’10.
>
> > > --
> > > With regards,
> > > J.M.Garg (jmga...@gmail.com)
> > >http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:Jmgarg1
> > > 'Creating awareness of Indian Flora & Fauna'
> > > The whole world uses my Image Resource of more than a thousand species &
> > > eight thousand images of Birds, Butterflies, Plants etc. (arranged
> > > alphabetically & place-wise):
> > >http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Category:J.M.Garg. You can also use
> > them
> > > for free as per liberal licensing conditions attached with each image.
> > > For identification, learning, discussion & documentation of Indian Flora,
> > > please visit/ join our Google e-group-
> > > Efloraofindia:http://groups.google.co.in/group/indiantreepix(more than
> > 1475
> > > members & 57,000 messages on 16/12/10 & with a database of around 4400
> > > species on 30/11/10)
>
> > --
> > "TAXONOMISTS GETTING EXTINCT AND SPECIES DATA DEFICIENT !!"
>
> > Pankaj Kumar Ph.D. (Orchidaceae)
> > Research Associate
> > Greater Kailash Sacred Landscape Project
> > Department of Habitat Ecology
> > Wildlife Institute of India
> > Post Box # 18
> > Dehradun - 248001, India
>
> --
> *Tanay Bose*

Inderjeet Sethi

Dec 26, 2010, 12:04:57 AM12/26/10
to Dr Pankaj Kumar, efloraofindia
Garg ji,
Congrats for the very nice pixs of mushrooms with the close up of the undersurface. This is the way all fungi should be covered. This definitely help in the correct identification of the form.
Yes, it is Coprinellus disseminatus (Pers.: Fr.) SF Gray (Coprinaceae)
Coprinus disseminatus and Pseudocoprinus disseminatus as synonyms.

 It is small conical agaric, massed distinctively on stumps of trees and spreading to adjacent soil.
Cap is pallid buff or clay with greyish tinge. Flesh thin, fragile but not autodigesting as in most Coprinus sp.
It is edible i.e. not poisonous but worthless.
--
~ik~
Dr.Inderjeet Kaur Sethi