Flora of Panipat: Hibiscus schizopetalus from Arya PG College Campus Panipat Haryana

Balkar Arya

Aug 13, 2011, 1:41:00 AM8/13/11
to indiantreepix
Dear all
Hibiscus schizopetalus
Large Garden cultivated Shrub arround 5 ft high
pics on 7-8-11

--
Regards

Dr Balkar Singh
Arya P G College, Panipat
Haryana-132103
09416262964
Hibiscus schizopetalus (1)Sm.JPG
Hibiscus schizopetalus (2)Sm.JPG
Hibiscus schizopetalus (3)Sm.JPG

Gurcharan Singh

Aug 13, 2011, 1:54:11 AM8/13/11
to Balkar Arya, indiantreepix
Really nice one Balkar ji
Have been looking for this for a long time, but could not get an ideal plant for photography.

--
Dr. Gurcharan Singh
Retired  Associate Professor

Balkar Arya

Aug 13, 2011, 2:06:25 AM8/13/11
to Gurcharan Singh, indiantreepix
Sir 3-4 days back i have planted this in My college and as per the request of my colleagues, i am trying to prepare 20-25 plants of this by air layering. I got this plant in a nursery in panipat unattended in a corner and i purchase this. If succeed i will give u one plant

Mahadeswara

Aug 13, 2011, 9:07:58 AM8/13/11
to efloraofindia
Very common garden plant in Chennai.
>  Hibiscus schizopetalus (1)Sm.JPG
> 119KViewDownload
>
>  Hibiscus schizopetalus (2)Sm.JPG
> 131KViewDownload
>
>  Hibiscus schizopetalus (3)Sm.JPG
> 194KViewDownload

Smilax004

Aug 13, 2011, 12:44:07 PM8/13/11
to Balkar Arya, indiantreepix, Mahadeswara Swamy, Gurcharan Singh
A very useful natural shampoo as well. All parts of this plant can be
used as shampoo.
It helps the hair from premature and uncontrolled fall and it enhances
the hair growth. It helps for sound sleep as well.

What to do is that make a paste out of the plant parts (preferably
leaf, flower and bark). Apply it 30 before bath. Timing is according
to the health of the person. For instance, if a person is suffering
from cough and "vata" related ailments, he/she is not suppose to apply
it for long time.

Regards,
Giby

ushadi Micromini

Aug 14, 2011, 8:50:01 AM8/14/11
to efloraofindia, Balkar Arya
Here is my picture of a flower...  from garden of a Jain temple in Jiagunj, taken in April 2011...

no body plucks flowers for personal use... hence these flowers can be seen on the plants...
In my neighborhood in Clacutta men and women of all financial and educational class go for morning walks and without any hesitation pluck and and all flowers along the way ... even when I reuested them that I was trying to see if a seedpod would develop in one of my building's bahunia... and I even put a bag over it.... they are shameless thieves....   some I have been told are IAS officers!!!  flower thieves....

Anyway on the good note: here's my flower ... the shrub was baout 8 - 9 feet tall....
Cheers to me!! now I am depressed all over.... :)

Usha di
hibiscus schizopetalus Jain Temple yard Azimgunj Jain yatra 2011 DSC01474 small crop name.jpg

Ushadi micromini

Aug 14, 2011, 8:54:39 AM8/14/11
to efloraofindia
Giby ji: very useful info... now I'll go and pluck some from somebody
else's yard...
Just kidding...

I'll plant a few....

Thanks
Usha di
========

Balkar Arya

Aug 14, 2011, 8:56:53 AM8/14/11
to ushadi Micromini, efloraofindia
Nice Catch Usha Ji

Smilax004

Aug 14, 2011, 1:04:55 PM8/14/11
to efloraofindia, micromi...@gmail.com
"Apply it 30 before bath" Please read this line of my previous mail as
follows. Apply it 30 minutes before bath.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Dear Usha di Ji,

Nice picture!
Planting this species is worth not only for shampoo but the dancing
flowers in the breeze is a good treat to eyes also.

Regards,
Giby