A mystery flower... Kalatope id al260511a

Alok Mahendroo

May 26, 2011, 1:33:11 PM5/26/11
to efloraofindia
Dear friends,
Found this plant next to the previous query (by the roadside) I have
sent today... did not notice it flowering..??

Location Kalatope, chamba
Altitude 2100 mts
Habit herb
Habitat wild/roadside
Plant height 9 inches

regards
Alok
--
Himalayan Village Education Trust
Village Khudgot,

DSCN0428.jpg
DSCN0429.jpg
DSCN0441.jpg

Ritesh Choudhary

May 26, 2011, 8:49:18 PM5/26/11
to efloraofindia
I think Gamochaeta purpurea (=Gnaphalium purpureum).

Regards,
Ritesh.

Ritesh Choudhary

May 26, 2011, 9:21:00 PM5/26/11
to efloraofindia
Tropicos treats Gamochaeta purpurea (L.) Cabrera under the synonymy of
Gamochaeta americana (Mill.) Wedd., whereas The Plant List treats them
separately.

Comments awaited.

Regards,
Ritesh.

Alok

May 27, 2011, 3:31:56 AM5/27/11
to efloraofindia
Thanks Ritesh ji, It does seem to be Gamochaeta purpurea, as far as I
could search on the net...
regards
Alok

Gurcharan Singh

May 27, 2011, 5:53:38 AM5/27/11
to Alok, efloraofindia
Alok ji
Your mystery plant is not Gamochaeta purpurea, earlier described under the names Gnaphalium purpureum or G. pennsylvanicum (some times treated distinct Gamochochaeta purpurea  and G. pennsylanica as per GRIN or one species Gamochaeta purpurea as per Kew List). That plant grows commonly in Delhi and uploaded by me at FOI. It has leaves which are velvety on both sides, though much more sensely below.

Your plant has leaves which are clearly green on upper surface, a feature of Gnaphalium hypoleucum (still under the same genus)

--
Dr. Gurcharan Singh
Retired  Associate Professor

JM Garg

Jun 3, 2021, 1:22:38 PM6/3/21
to Alok Mahendroo, efloraofindia, Ritesh Kumar Choudhary, GurcharanSingh
I think it is close to images at Gamochaeta pensylvanica (Willd.) Cabrera
DSCN0428.jpg
DSCN0429.jpg
DSCN0441.jpg

Paradesi Anjaneyulu