Dendrobium nutantiflorum

shivaprakash adavanne

Jan 19, 2011, 10:59:19 AM1/19/11
to indian...@googlegroups.com

hello,

Requesting validation of Dendrobium nutantiflorum. in background kumara parvatha or pushpagiri is visible

Date/Time- 08.01.2011/ 11.33AM

Location- Place, Altitude, GPS- NEAR PUSHPAGIRII, SOMAVARAPETE KODAGU, KARNATAKA, 4350 FT

Habitat- Garden/ Urban/ Wild/ Type- WESTERN GHAT, HIGH ELEVATION DENUDED EVERGREEN

Plant Habit- Tree/ Shrub/ Climber/ Herb- ORCHID

Height/Length- hardly 30 cm in height

Leaves Type/ Shape/ Size-

Inflorescence Type/ Size-

Flowers Size/ Colour/ Calyx/ Bracts-

Fruits Type/ Shape/ Size Seeds-

Regard,

a.shivaprakash
for KB Sadanada
08012011 asp 01 pushpagi.JPG
08012011 asp 01 pushpagi (1).JPG
08012011 asp 01 pushpagi (2).JPG
08012011 asp 01 pushpagi (3).JPG
08012011 asp 01 pushpagi (4).JPG

shrikant ingalhalikar

Jan 22, 2011, 12:11:59 AM1/22/11
to efloraofindia
Our Orchideologist is busy in TBGRI, so I dare to validate your ID.
Regards, Shrikant
>  08012011 asp 01 pushpagi.JPG
> 44KViewDownload
>
>  08012011 asp 01 pushpagi (1).JPG
> 41KViewDownload
>
>  08012011 asp 01 pushpagi (2).JPG
> 57KViewDownload
>
>  08012011 asp 01 pushpagi (3).JPG
> 52KViewDownload
>
>  08012011 asp 01 pushpagi (4).JPG
> 52KViewDownload

mani nair

Jan 22, 2011, 1:05:32 AM1/22/11
to shrikant ingalhalikar, efloraofindia
Shivaprakash ji, really beautiful orchids. Where is this place located?

Regards,

Mani

Dr Pankaj Kumar

Jan 23, 2011, 9:49:46 AM1/23/11
to efloraofindia
This should be Dendrobium jerdonianum Wight. Some one told me that D.
nutaniflorum is a distinct plant though Kew list it as synonym of
this. I will confirm tomorrow and let you know.
Pankaj

On Jan 22, 11:05 am, mani nair <mani.na...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Shivaprakash ji, really beautiful orchids.  Where is this place located?
>
> Regards,
>
> Mani
>
> On 1/22/11, shrikant ingalhalikar <le...@rediffmail.com> wrote:
>

> > Our Orchideologist is busy in TBGRI, so I dare to validate your ID.
> > Regards, Shrikant
>
> > On Jan 19, 8:59 pm, shivaprakash adavanne <adava...@gmail.com> wrote:
> >> hello,
>
> >>  Requesting validation ofDendrobiumnutantiflorum. in background kumara

shivaprakash

Jan 26, 2011, 12:56:38 AM1/26/11
to efloraofindia
IT is identified with the help of Wild flowers of Kodagu by Dr. T.
Ananda Rao, brought out by Coorg Wildlife Society, Madkieri (1999). It
has colour photograph.

Regards
A.shivaprakash

On Jan 23, 6:49 am, Dr Pankaj Kumar <sahanipan...@gmail.com> wrote:
> This should be Dendrobium jerdonianum Wight. Some one told me that D.
> nutaniflorum is a distinct plant though Kew list it as synonym of
> this. I will confirm tomorrow and let you know.
> Pankaj
>
> On Jan 22, 11:05 am, mani nair <mani.na...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Shivaprakash ji, really beautiful orchids.  Where is this place located?
>
> > Regards,
>
> > Mani
>
> > On 1/22/11, shrikant ingalhalikar <le...@rediffmail.com> wrote:
>
> > > Our Orchideologist is busy in TBGRI, so I dare to validate your ID.
> > > Regards, Shrikant

Pankaj Kumar

Jan 26, 2011, 7:16:39 AM1/26/11
to shivaprakash, efloraofindia
Even if it is nutaniflorum, the correct name is Dendrobium jerdonianum
according to Kew's checklist.
Pankaj

Pankaj Kumar Ph.D. (Orchidaceae)
Research Associate