id tuber plant 031010MK1i

Muthu Karthick

Oct 3, 2010, 12:14:22 PM10/3/10
to indiantreepix
Dear all,
Kindly id this tuber climber.
One of my friend requested me to identify this plant.Could this be any Dioscorea sp.?

Oct 3, 2010, 1:38:19 PM10/3/10
to Muthu Karthick, indiantreepix
Has to be some Dioscorea!!
Pankaj

Pankaj Kumar Ph.D. (Orchidaceae)
Research Associate
Department of Habitat Ecology
Wildlife Institute of India
Post Box # 18
Dehradun - 248001, India

Balkar Arya

Oct 4, 2010, 11:24:46 PM10/4/10
to Pankaj Kumar, Muthu Karthick, indiantreepix
Yes may be Dioscorea bulbifera

--
Regards

Dr Balkar Singh
Arya P G College, Panipat
Haryana-132103
09416262964

mani nair

Oct 5, 2010, 1:13:47 AM10/5/10
to Balkar Arya, Pankaj Kumar, Muthu Karthick, indiantreepix
In Kerala this tuber is called "Kaavithu".  It is boiled and garnished and taste very good.

Regards,

Mani.

J.M. Garg

Oct 24, 2010, 4:46:49 AM10/24/10
to efloraofindia, Muthu Karthick, gilbert jayjay

Some earlier relevant feedback:

Has to be some Dioscorea!!
Pankaj”

“Yes may be Dioscorea bulbifera

--
Regards

Dr Balkar Singh”

“In Kerala this tuber is called "Kaavithu".  It is boiled and garnished and taste very good.
Regards,
Mani.”

--
With regards,
J.M.Garg (jmg...@gmail.com)

P300910_19.26.jpg
IMG0135A.jpg
IMG0136A.jpg
Image000.jpg
Image004.jpg
mailatt[2].jpg
IMG0424A.jpg
DSC03936.JPG

Gurcharan Singh

Nov 7, 2010, 10:00:21 PM11/7/10
to efloraofindia

Some earlier relevant feedback:

Has to be some Dioscorea!!
Pankaj”

“Yes may be Dioscorea bulbifera

--
Regards

Dr Balkar Singh”

“In Kerala this tuber is called "Kaavithu".  It is boiled and garnished and taste very good.
Regards,
Mani.”

--
Dr. Gurcharan Singh