Commelinaceae for ID 170611MK03

Muthu Karthick

Jun 17, 2011, 7:50:26 AM6/17/11
to efloraofindia
Dear all,
Please help to ID this Commelinaceae  found forest floor of Sirumalai, an offshoot mountains of Western ghats.

Date/Time-

16-05-2010 / 1:30 PM

Location- Place, Altitude, GP

ca.1600asl; Dindigul, TN

Habitat- Garden/ Urban/ Wild/ Type-

wild

Plant Habit-

long trailing herb

Height/Length-

ca. 1 -2 feet

Leaves Type/ Shape/ Size-

c. 7 x 1 cm; linear

Inflorescence Type/ Size-

single cyme

Flowers Size/ Colour/ Calyx/ Bracts-

c. 1.5 cm across

Fruits Type/ Shape/ Size Seeds-

Other Information like Fragrance, Pollinator, Uses etc.

--
Muthu Karthick, N
Care Earth Trust
#15, second main road,
Thillai ganga nagar,
Chennai - 600 061
Mob: 0091 96268 33911
www.careearthtrust.org

Commelinaceae.jpg
Commelinaceae (1).jpg
Commelinaceae (2).jpg
Commelinaceae (3).jpg
Commelinaceae (4).jpg
Commelinaceae (5).jpg
Commelinaceae (6).jpg

Mayur Nandikar

Jun 18, 2011, 12:20:16 AM6/18/11
to Muthu Karthick, efloraofindia
Hello Muthu ji

This may be Commelina ensifolia R. Br.
Syn. Commelina liongifolia of Thw.
This opinion drawn from shape of spathe, petal shape and from leaves.

Thank you
And nice caption.
--
Mr. Mayur D. Nandikar,
Research Student,

Muthu Karthick

Jun 18, 2011, 1:37:37 AM6/18/11
to Mayur Nandikar, efloraofindia
Thanks Mayurji.

J.M. Garg

Sep 14, 2011, 5:00:26 AM9/14/11
to efloraofindia, uda...@gmail.com, vsrb...@gmail.com, nmk...@gmail.com, vijay.b...@gmail.com, swamy...@yahoo.com, maha...@gmail.com, kalida...@gmail.com, altha...@gmail.com, jspan...@gmail.com, Mayur Nandikar

Some earlier relevant feedback:

“This may be Commelina ensifolia R. Br.

Syn. Commelina liongifolia of Thw.
This opinion drawn from shape of spathe, petal shape and from leaves.
--
Mr. Mayur D. Nandikar,
Research Student,
Department of Botany,
Shivaji University,
Kolhapur.”
For identification, learning, discussion & documentation of Indian Flora, please visit/ join our Efloraofindia Google e-group: http://groups.google.co.in/group/indiantreepix (more than 1700 members & 79,000 messages on 31/8/11) or Efloraofindia website: https://sites.google.com/site/efloraofindia/ (with a species database of around 5500 species)

Commelinaceae.jpg
Commelinaceae (1).jpg
Commelinaceae (2).jpg
Commelinaceae (3).jpg