Zamia from Panchkula

Balkar Arya

Mar 18, 2010, 1:55:12 PM3/18/10

From Panchkula Cactus Park

Mar 18, 2010, 2:37:22 PM3/18/10

Regards
Tanay

Tanay Bose
+91(033) 25550676 (Resi)
9830439691(Mobile)
9674221362 (Mobile)

Vijayadas D

Mar 19, 2010, 12:36:34 AM3/19/10
to tanay bose, Balkar Arya, indiantreepix
Gymnosperm ?
VijayadasD
Horticulturalist / Estates Supervisor Deputy
Electro Saudi Services Ltd
Salwa Garden Village
Riyadh-11462,PBNO-7210
KSA
vijayadas.wetpaint.com

Ferns are funniest plants..............!!!!!

tanay bose

Mar 19, 2010, 12:41:41 AM3/19/10
to Vijayadas D, Balkar Arya, indiantreepix
Dear Vijayadas Ji,
I couldn't understand what u meant by "Gymnosperm?" ...will you kindly explain it to me.
Regards
Tanay

Pardeshi S.

Mar 19, 2010, 1:21:18 AM3/19/10
to efloraofindia
This is one of "living fossil" plants, its kind surviving on earth
since the time of the dinosaurs. it is known as Cardboard palm belongs
to the Cycad family (cycad is greek for "palm" to which most cycads
bear resemblance).
http://www.floridata.com/ref/z/zami_fur.cfm

Regards
Satish Pardeshi

On Mar 19, 9:41 am, tanay bose <tanaybos...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Dear Vijayadas Ji,

> I couldn't understand what u meant by *"Gymnosperm?"* ...will you kindly

> explain it to me.
> Regards
> Tanay
>

> On Fri, Mar 19, 2010 at 10:06 AM, Vijayadas D <vijayad...@gmail.com> wrote:
> >  Gymnosperm ?
>

> > On Thu, Mar 18, 2010 at 9:37 PM, tanay bose <tanaybos...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> >> Dear Balkar Ji,

> >> Can it be *Zamia furfuracea?*
> >> Regards
> >> Tanay

> >> --
> >> Tanay Bose
> >> +91(033) 25550676 (Resi)
> >> 9830439691(Mobile)
> >> 9674221362 (Mobile)

Vijayadas D

Mar 19, 2010, 2:45:41 AM3/19/10
to tanay bose, Balkar Arya, indiantreepix
my question was, whether it belongs to Gymnosperm group ?

tanay bose

Mar 19, 2010, 3:12:28 AM3/19/10
to Vijayadas D, Balkar Arya, indiantreepix
Dear Vijayadas Ji,
 This is a gymnosperm belonging to the order Cycadales the oldest group if gymnosperm in the world. Please read from the link hope it will give lot of informations and interesting too. if you need anymore informations please mail be back i will be happy to provide you more relevant informations regarding cycadales.

Regards,
Tanay

Balkar Arya

Mar 25, 2011, 3:45:58 PM3/25/11
to tanay bose, Vijayadas D, indiantreepix
Adding some more pics of the same

--
Regards

Dr Balkar Singh
Arya P G College, Panipat
Haryana-132103
09416262964
tn_IMG_2556.JPG
tn_IMG_2552.JPG
tn_IMG_2553.JPG
tn_IMG_2554.JPG
tn_IMG_2555.JPG

tanay bose

Mar 25, 2011, 6:05:14 PM3/25/11
to Balkar Arya, Vijayadas D, indiantreepix
Thanks for sharing the photo of the cycad
Tanay
--
Tanay Bose
Department of Botany.