Upper Chamba id al290811

Alok Mahendroo

Aug 29, 2011, 12:19:42 PM8/29/11
to efloraofindia
Dear friends,

Any idea what this little beauty is...

Location Chamba
Altitude 4000 mts
Habit herb
Habitat wild

I also aplogise for the not so good quality in a lot of pics.. and the
reason being was that I was practically dragging my scooter alone all
the way on a very rough road up to the pass in the middle of nowhere...
an adventure I'll not forget...
and these were taken in between whenever I stopped to take breath... :))

regards
Alok
--
Himalayan Village Education Trust
Village Khudgot,

www.hivetrust.wordpress.com
www.forwildlife.wordpress.com
http://mushroomobserver.org/observer/observations_by_user?_js=on&_new=true&id=2186

073111_1479.jpg
073111_1478.jpg

shrikant ingalhalikar

Aug 29, 2011, 12:36:06 PM8/29/11
to efloraofindia
Sibbaldia purpurea of Rosaceae. Regards, Shrikant
> www.hivetrust.wordpress.comwww.forwildlife.wordpress.comhttp://mushroomobserver.org/observer/observations_by_user?_js=on&_new...
>
>  073111_1479.jpg
> 150KViewDownload
>
>  073111_1478.jpg
> 227KViewDownload

Gurcharan Singh

Aug 29, 2011, 1:27:31 PM8/29/11
to shrikant ingalhalikar, efloraofindia
Really nice photographs Alok ji
and a prize catch

--
Dr. Gurcharan Singh
Retired  Associate Professor

Satish Phadke

Aug 30, 2011, 1:59:24 AM8/30/11
to Alok Mahendroo, efloraofindia
Sibbaldia purpurea Royle
Family : Rosaceae
Small herbaceous perenniale or small undershrub
Flowers red purple, with widely placed elliptical petals longer than the triangular calyx lobes. Leaflets five elliptic to obovate 1cm silvery haired. All these features are nicely depicted in the given shots. Great pictures
Dr Phadke

Alok Mahendroo

Aug 30, 2011, 12:32:42 PM8/30/11
to Satish Phadke, efloraofindia
Thanks Satish ji,
I am deeply grateful for the knowledge shared by you and all the other
members of the forum to increase and further the botanical interest in
common people like me... the one's who have no background of botany or
sciences and would not have dreamed of documenting this data without any
hope of identifying them...
Regards
Alok