Sikkim plants for id please

usha lachungpa

Oct 18, 2010, 1:54:52 PM10/18/10
to indian...@googlegroups.com
Dear All,

Please help me identify the plants below which I urgently need for awareness in local media under weekly theme for International Year of Biodiversity 2010.
Thanks in advance,
Usha
Gentians-for id.JPG
1.  Gentian for id

IMG_3891- which Oxalis.JPG
2. Which Oxalis

IMG_3912-is it Oxalis corniculatus.JPG
3. Is it Oxalis corniculatus?

IMG_3915- not Spilanthes-for id.JPG
4. Common weed in Gangtok

IMG_4427-is it Centella asiatica.JPG
5. Is it Centella asiatica

is it Achyranthus aspera.JPG
6. Is it Achyranthes aspera?

Panax- is it bipinnatifidus.JPG
7. Is it Panax bipinnatifidus?

--
Usha Ganguli-Lachungpa
Sr. Research Officer (WL)

Panax- is it bipinnatifidus.JPG
IMG_3915- not Spilanthes-for id.JPG
IMG_3912-is it Oxalis corniculatus.JPG
Gentians-for id.JPG
IMG_3891- which Oxalis.JPG
IMG_4427-is it Centella asiatica.JPG
is it Achyranthus aspera.JPG

Dr. Arvind Kadus

Oct 18, 2010, 2:02:14 PM10/18/10
to efloraofindia, ulach...@gmail.com
IMG_3912 is Oxalis corniculatus i.e. Changeri in Sanskrit.
IMG_4427-is not a Centella asiatica
Last one is Achyranthus aspera i.e. Apamarga in Sanskrit.
For other sp. yet to wait.
Regards
Dr.Kadus Arvind,Pune.
Agasti Pharmaceuticals,Pune.

On Oct 18, 10:54 pm, usha lachungpa <ulachun...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Dear All,
>
> Please help me identify the plants below which I urgently need for awareness
> in local media under weekly theme for International Year of Biodiversity
> 2010.
> Thanks in advance,
> Usha
> [image: Gentians-for id.JPG]
> 1.  Gentian for id
>
> [image: IMG_3891- which Oxalis.JPG]
> 2. Which Oxali*s*
>
> [image: IMG_3912-is it Oxalis corniculatus.JPG]
> 3. Is it Oxalis corniculatus?
>
> [image: IMG_3915- not Spilanthes-for id.JPG]
> 4. Common weed in Gangtok
>
> [image: IMG_4427-is it Centella asiatica.JPG]
> 5. Is it Centella asiatica
>
> [image: is it Achyranthus aspera.JPG]
> 6. Is it Achyranthes aspera?
>
> [image: Panax- is it bipinnatifidus.JPG]
> 7. Is it Panax bipinnatifidus?
>
> --
> Usha Ganguli-Lachungpa
> Sr. Research Officer (WL)
> Dept. of Forest, Env. & WL Mgmt.
> Government of Sikkim
> Deorali, Gangtok 737102
> Tel/Fax:91-3592-280402;
> Cell:094340-25273
> ulachun...@gmail.com
>
>  Panax- is it bipinnatifidus.JPG
> 60KViewDownload
>
>  IMG_3915- not Spilanthes-for id.JPG
> 123KViewDownload
>
>  IMG_3912-is it Oxalis corniculatus.JPG
> 94KViewDownload
>
>  Gentians-for id.JPG
> 129KViewDownload
>
>  IMG_3891- which Oxalis.JPG
> 106KViewDownload
>
>  IMG_4427-is it Centella asiatica.JPG
> 132KViewDownload
>
>  is it Achyranthus aspera.JPG
> 242KViewDownload

rajdeo singh

Oct 19, 2010, 7:43:23 AM10/19/10
to usha lachungpa, indian...@googlegroups.com
Hi,
Photo no 4 or IMG 3915 is Galinsoga quadriradiata Ruiz & Pavon fro Family Asteraceae.

Rajdeo Singh
Project fellow
St. Xavier's College
Mumbai

J.M. Garg

Nov 7, 2010, 7:30:46 AM11/7/10
to efloraofindia, ulachungpa, ushaprabha page, rajdeo singh, Dinesh Valke, Gurcharan Singh, Dr. M. K. Pathak, Pravir, Ritesh Kumar Choudhary

Some earlier relevant feedback:

“IMG_3912   is Oxalis corniculatus i.e. Changeri in Sanskrit.

IMG_4427-is not a Centella asiatica
Last one is Achyranthus aspera
i.e. Apamarga in Sanskrit.
For other sp. yet to wait.
Regards

Dr.Kadus Arvind,Pune.”

“Photo no 4 or IMG 3915 is Galinsoga quadriradiata Ruiz & Pavon fro Family Asteraceae.

Rajdeo Singh”

--
With regards,
J.M.Garg (jmg...@gmail.com)