ID 300911 SB03

Bhatt Sweta

Sep 30, 2011, 6:22:33 AM9/30/11
to indiantreepix
Cucubitaceae member
To me, it looks near to Luffa sps.
Definitely does not seem like L cylindrica. But then the ridges are not as clear and prominent as L. acutangula?!!

Regards,
Shweta

--
Bhatt Shweta
Doctoral Research Student,

Giby Kuriakose

Sep 30, 2011, 6:30:20 AM9/30/11
to Bhatt Sweta, indiantreepix
Attachments?

Regards
Giby
--
GIBY KURIAKOSE PhD
Royal Enclave,

Bhatt Sweta

Sep 30, 2011, 6:32:35 AM9/30/11
to indiantreepix
Cucubitaceae member
To me, it looks closer to some Luffa sps.
Cucurbitaceae (5).JPG
Cucurbitaceae (1).JPG
Cucurbitaceae (2).JPG
Cucurbitaceae (3).JPG
Cucurbitaceae (4).JPG

Dinesh Valke

Sep 30, 2011, 6:36:41 AM9/30/11
to Bhatt Sweta, indiantreepix
... if this fruit is no longer than a span, it could most probably be Luffa acutangula var. amara ... the bitter luffa OR wild ribbed gourd.
Regards.
Dinesh

Giby Kuriakose

Sep 30, 2011, 6:37:29 AM9/30/11
to Bhatt Sweta, indiantreepix

Luffa acutangula of Cucurbitaceae, I guess.

Regards,
Giby

Bhatt Sweta

Sep 30, 2011, 6:43:15 AM9/30/11
to Dinesh Valke, indiantreepix
The fruits were of this size only. Was wondering whether they will increase in size or remain of the same size.

Gurcharan Singh

Sep 30, 2011, 6:46:09 AM9/30/11
to Giby Kuriakose, Bhatt Sweta, indiantreepix
Yes Dinesh ji is correct: petals not emarginate, fruit almost twice as long as broad. In var. acutangula petals are emarginate and fruit 3-5 times as long as broad.

--
Dr. Gurcharan Singh
Retired  Associate Professor

Bhatt Sweta

Sep 30, 2011, 6:47:44 AM9/30/11
to Gurcharan Singh, Giby Kuriakose, indiantreepix
Okie......
thanks for adding on to the information Sir!!

Gurcharan Singh

Sep 30, 2011, 6:48:29 AM9/30/11
to Bhatt Sweta, Dinesh Valke, indiantreepix
Also in var. amara fruits are simply ribbed where as they are acutely-angled in type variety.