Pandanus from Andaman for ID.

Ritesh Kumar Choudhary

Jul 10, 2010, 4:11:00 AM7/10/10
to efloraofindia
Dear all,

Posting few images of a Pandanus for ID pl.

Date/Time- December, 2009

Location- Havelock beach, Middle Andaman

Habitat- Garden/ Urban/ Wild/ Type- Wild

Plant Habit- Tree/ Shrub/ Climber/ Herb- Shrub

Height/Length- ca 75 cm high

Regards,
Ritesh.

IMG_8442.JPG
IMG_8444.JPG
IMG_8448.JPG

tanay bose

Jul 10, 2010, 9:08:41 AM7/10/10
to Ritesh Kumar Choudhary, efloraofindia
Is it Pandanus tectorius?
Tanay

--
Tanay Bose
+91(033) 25550676 (Resi)

Gurcharan Singh

Aug 23, 2010, 11:18:11 PM8/23/10
to efloraofindia, Ritesh Choudhary, TANAY BOSE, Dinesh Valke, Vijayasankar Raman
Resurfacing again for ID

Earlier feedback
Tanay......................................................Is it Pandanus tectorius?

--
Dr. Gurcharan Singh
Retired  Associate Professor

ajinkya gadave

Aug 24, 2010, 1:39:00 AM8/24/10
to Gurcharan Singh, efloraofindia, Ritesh Choudhary, TANAY BOSE, Dinesh Valke, Vijayasankar Raman
gurucharan jee
i think this is
Pandanus odoratissimus.

mani nair

Aug 24, 2010, 3:44:25 AM8/24/10
to ajinkya gadave, Gurcharan Singh, efloraofindia, Ritesh Choudhary, TANAY BOSE, Dinesh Valke, Vijayasankar Raman
I think once this was sent by Rajaj ji for ID and we all mistaken it for Pineapple !!

Regards,

Mani.

J.M. Garg

Oct 2, 2010, 3:26:20 AM10/2/10
to efloraofindia, Ritesh Kumar Choudhary, tanay bose, mani nair, ajinkya gadave

Earlier relevant feedback:

“Is it Pandanus tectorius?
Tanay”

“i think this is
Pandanus odoratissimus.”
from Ajinkya ji.

“I think once this was sent by Rajaj ji for ID and we all mistaken it for Pineapple !!
Regards,
Mani.”

Nov 6, 2010, 8:56:09 AM11/6/10
to Gurcharan Singh, efloraofindia
Dr. Gurcharan SinghJi,
I think you are right again, please go through the link
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pandanus_tectorius
Regards
Yazdy Palia.

Ritesh Choudhary

Nov 6, 2010, 10:54:16 PM11/6/10
to efloraofindia
Dear Yazdy ji,

Pandanus tectorius is a tree. P. odoratissimus appears to be a good
choice.

Regards,
Ritesh.