amituid 1 1762011

amit chauhan

Jun 17, 2011, 2:46:56 AM6/17/11
to indiantreepix
Dear all,
Sending plant from Pantnagar found growing water streams details as in
photo. Kindly help in identification
regards

--
Dr. Amit Chauhan
Junior Technical Assistant

pantnagar flora 001.JPG
pantnagar flora 002.JPG
pantnagar flora 003.JPG
pantnagar flora 004.JPG

amit chauhan

Jun 17, 2011, 2:58:38 AM6/17/11
to indiantreepix

Aarti S. Khale

Jun 17, 2011, 3:15:08 AM6/17/11
to amit chauhan, indian...@googlegroups.com
Desert Petunia?
Aarti

On Jun 17, 10:58 am, amit chauhan <amitci...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Dear all,
> Sending plant from Pantnagar found growing water streams details as in
> photo. Kindly help in identification
> regards
>
> --
> Dr. Amit Chauhan
> Junior Technical Assistant
> Central Institute of Medicinal and Aromatic Plants, Research Centre,
> Pantnagar, PO Dairy Farm Nagla, Pantnagar, Udham Singh Nagar,
> Uttarakhand 263149
> ph.05944 234445
> mob.+919412161087

> mail: amitci...@gmail.com
> amitci...@rediffmail.com
> amit.chau...@cimap.res.in

Nayan Singh

Jun 17, 2011, 3:41:02 AM6/17/11
to Aarti S. Khale, amit chauhan, indian...@googlegroups.com
to me it looks like Ruellia brittoniana
thanks
Nayan.
N.S.Dungriyal IFS
Chief Conservator of Forests
and Field Director
Satpura Tiger Reserve Hoshangabad
M.P.
09424792100
Jun 17, 2011, 4:49:25 AM6/17/11
to indiantreepix, amit chauhan
is it Sopibium or its relative?
Madhuri

Vijayadas D

Jun 18, 2011, 2:46:47 AM6/18/11
to Madhuri Pejaver, indiantreepix, amit chauhan
Ruellia  sps.
--
Vijayadas
Electro Saudi Services Ltd.

Bhatt Sweta

Jun 18, 2011, 3:09:42 AM6/18/11
to Vijayadas D, Madhuri Pejaver, indiantreepix, amit chauhan
Ruellia (Acanthaceae family)
Is commonly known as the 'wild petunia', however are no-where related to the Petunia sps.
could be R. brittoniana as well.
I think Tabishji has ID'd the plant on 'Flowers of India' as well.
This particular species is also commonly known as the 'desert petunia' as per Arti ji's information

Additional information : The genus was named in honor of Jean Ruelle, herbalist and physician to Francis I of France and translator of several works of Pedanius Dioscorides.

--
Bhatt Shweta
Asso. Prof.,

amit chauhan

Jun 18, 2011, 6:25:56 AM6/18/11
to Bhatt Sweta, Vijayadas D, Madhuri Pejaver, indiantreepix
Thanks everybody for the id !