04082011-BS-001- a small Garden Herb for Id from Golden nursery karnal

Balkar Arya

Aug 3, 2011, 9:11:34 PM8/3/11
to indiantreepix
Dear All
pls id this annual Garden  herb about 1 ft high, ornamental, shot from Golden Nursery Karnal, flowers pinkish white in clusters and opposite leaves

--
Regards

Dr Balkar Singh
Arya P G College, Panipat
Haryana-132103
09416262964
IMG_5953Sm.JPG
IMG_5954Sm.JPG
IMG_5955Sm.JPG

Smilax004

Aug 4, 2011, 5:55:27 AM8/4/11
to Balkar Arya, indiantreepix
Knoxia sp. of Rubiaceae family.

Regards
Giby

>  IMG_5953Sm.JPG
> 258KViewDownload
>
>  IMG_5954Sm.JPG
> 207KViewDownload
>
>  IMG_5955Sm.JPG
> 154KViewDownload

Balkar Arya

Aug 4, 2011, 11:22:21 AM8/4/11
to Madhuri Raut, indiantreepix
I think Pentas lanceolata, after getting common name from nurserymen called as petas

On Thu, Aug 4, 2011 at 5:25 PM, Madhuri Raut <iti...@gmail.com> wrote:
Very beautiful flowers
Regards
Bhagyashri

Smilax004

Aug 4, 2011, 12:33:51 PM8/4/11
to Balkar Arya, indiantreepix

You may be right Balkar ji.

I was thinking that the corolla lobes are narrower than that of
Pentas. But I now know that Pentas shows great variation in color,
shape size etc. Even there are 6-7 corolla lobes (http://
www.flowersofindia.in/catalog/slides/Star%20Cluster.html)

Thanks and Regards,
Giby

On Aug 4, 8:22 pm, Balkar Arya <balkara...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I think Pentas lanceolata, after getting common name from nurserymen called
> as petas
>

> On Thu, Aug 4, 2011 at 5:25 PM, Madhuri Raut <itii...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > Very beautiful flowers
> > Regards
> > Bhagyashri

Balkar Arya

Aug 4, 2011, 12:38:30 PM8/4/11
to Smilax004, indiantreepix
Giby Ji today i visited few nurseries in search of some ferns and in one got this plant also. As i asked the  name of this plant they said petas or pantas then i got the hint.