efloraofindia:''For Id 08102011MR4’’ wild white flower Pune

Madhuri Raut

Oct 8, 2011, 7:36:29 AM10/8/11
to efloraofindia

Request for identification

Date/Time-Oct 2011

Location- Place, Altitude, GPS-Pune

Habitat- Garden/ Urban/ Wild/ Type-Wild

Plant Habit- Tree/ Shrub/ Climber/ Herb- Herb

Height/Length- about 6-7 cms

Leaves Type/ Shape/ Size- 5cms in length green

Flowers Size/ Colour/ Calyx/ Bracts- white  9mm in size

Fruits Type/ Shape/ Size Seeds not seen

the flower was open till late evening but drooping as if the stalk was too weak for the flower

Regards
Bhagyashri
081020112386.jpg
081020112395.jpg
081020112395_1.jpg
081020112398.jpg
081020112398_1.jpg

Balkar Singh

Oct 8, 2011, 10:16:04 AM10/8/11
to Madhuri Raut, efloraofindia
Solanum americanum may be
--
Regards

Dr Balkar Singh
Arya P G College, Panipat
Haryana-132103
09416262964

Madhuri Raut

Oct 8, 2011, 11:44:13 AM10/8/11
to Balkar Singh, efloraofindia
Thank you Balkarji
Regards
Bhagyashri

Dr Pankaj Kumar

Oct 8, 2011, 1:23:29 PM10/8/11
to efloraofindia
Why not Solanum nigrum?
Pankaj

Balkar Singh

Oct 8, 2011, 8:55:03 PM10/8/11
to Dr Pankaj Kumar, efloraofindia
Both are synonym Pankaj Ji

Pankaj Kumar

Oct 8, 2011, 9:03:30 PM10/8/11
to Balkar Singh, efloraofindia
Oh I am so happy to know this.
By the way, Solanum americanum was published in 1768 and S. nigrum in
1753. Any idea, why nigrum is not an accepted name and S. americanum
as synonym.
Pankaj

"Taxonomists getting Extinct and Species Data Deficient !!"

Pankaj Kumar Ph.D. (Orchidaceae)
Conservation Officer

Office:
Flora Conservation Department
Kadoorie Farm and Botanic Garden (KFBG) Corporation
Lam Kam Road, Tai Po, New Territories, Hong Kong.

Residence:
36B, Ng Tung Chai, Lam Tseun
Tai Po, New Territories, Hong Kong.

email: pku...@kbfg.org
       sahani...@gmail.com
       pankaj...@rediffmail.com
Phone: +852 2483 7128 (office - 8:30am to 5:30pm)
       +852 9436 6251; +852 5431 6094 (mobile)

Ushadi micromini

Oct 8, 2011, 10:37:17 PM10/8/11
to efloraofindia
WAS THIS THE ONLY PLANT OR MANY...
IF ONLY ONE... WE WILL NEVER KNOW WHAT COLOR BERRIES WOULD THEY MAKE?

field study of botany HAS SOME GROUND RULES... ABOUT NOT PLUCKING
FLOWERS ETC.. DONT KNOW WHERE i READ IT... BUT HAVE READ THEM
OFTEN ...

MAY BE SOME OF OUR BOTANY PROFESSORS ESP THOSE THAT DO FIELD STUDIES
CAN TELL US...

USHA DI
=======

On Oct 9, 6:03 am, Pankaj Kumar <sahanipan...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Oh I am so happy to know this.
> By the way, Solanum americanum was published in 1768 and S. nigrum in
> 1753. Any idea, why nigrum is not an accepted name and S. americanum
> as synonym.
> Pankaj
>

> On Sun, Oct 9, 2011 at 8:55 AM, Balkar Singh <balkara...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > Both are synonym Pankaj Ji
>
> > On Sat, Oct 8, 2011 at 10:53 PM, Dr Pankaj Kumar <sahanipan...@gmail.com>
>        sahanipan...@gmail.com
>        pankajsah...@rediffmail.com

Madhuri Raut

Oct 8, 2011, 11:59:13 PM10/8/11
to Ushadi micromini, efloraofindia
Thank you Pankajji, Balkarji and Ushadi.
I will try to see if there were more plants.
Regards
Bhagyashri

Madhuri Pejaver

Oct 9, 2011, 2:35:08 PM10/9/11