Huge Tetrameles nudiflora tree - DATR, Uttara Kannada

Raptor Conservation

Aug 13, 2011, 5:38:17 AM8/13/11
to indian...@googlegroups.com
Hi all,

This gaint Tetrameles nudiflora tree was just an unbelievable sight. The size of this tree was nothing like I've ever seen before.

Best regards,
Dr.Pranay Rao Juvvadi,
General Secretary, Raptor Conservation Foundation,
1-10-63/4, Chikoti Gardens , Begumpet,
Hyderabad-500 016,
Andhra Pradesh, India .
Mobile No: (091) 9866978785
Email: raptorc...@yahoo.com

Tertameles nudiflora 1.jpg
Tertameles nudiflora 2.jpg
Tertameles nudiflora 3.jpg
Tertameles nudiflora 4.jpg
Tertameles nudiflora 5.jpg
Tertameles nudiflora 6.jpg
Tertameles nudiflora 7.jpg

H S

Aug 14, 2011, 9:28:11 AM8/14/11
to Raptor Conservation, indian...@googlegroups.com
Is it Tetrameles nodiflora, really huge tree!!!!!
pls leaf photo....

regards,
--
 - H.S.

A scientific man ought to have no wishes, no affections, - a mere heart of stone

Muthu Karthick

Aug 16, 2011, 3:23:47 AM8/16/11
to H S, Raptor Conservation, indian...@googlegroups.com
Where was this lofty tree photographed? Anamalais of TN?
--
Muthu Karthick, N
Care Earth Trust
#15, second main road,
Thillai ganga nagar,
Chennai - 600 061
Mob: 0091 96268 33911
www.careearthtrust.org

Raptor Conservation

Aug 16, 2011, 7:36:42 AM8/16/11
to H S, Muthu Karthick, indian...@googlegroups.com

Date/Time - May 2011 10.00 am

Location - Dandeli WIldlife Santuary, Uttara Kannada District, Karnataka

Habitat- Wild, in Semi Evergreen habitat

Plant Habit- Tree

Height - 40+ meters

Leaves - The tree had completely shed its leaves

Unfortunately the tree had shed all of its leaves.

Best regards,
Dr.Pranay Rao Juvvadi,
General Secretary, Raptor Conservation Foundation,
1-10-63/4, Chikoti Gardens , Begumpet,
Hyderabad-500 016,
Andhra Pradesh, India .
Mobile No: (091) 9866978785
Email: raptorc...@yahoo.com

Ushadi micromini

Aug 16, 2011, 4:07:30 PM8/16/11
to efloraofindia

Impressive, what huge buttresses...

I have only seen pictures of wierd large trees that engulf or atleast
try to engulf old/ancient ruins in Cambodia..National Geo pics ot
documentaries... never realising that these trees occur in India in
large number per report in Kerala too...

But worldwide it was put on RED list as of 2007, go figure?
I do not know why? exploited I guess!!

Usha di
=