Request for ID , 2

Paldas Photography

Feb 13, 2011, 12:44:41 PM2/13/11
to indian...@googlegroups.com
pls help me with the ID & nature of the plant

--
Thanks & Regards,

Somnath Pal Das

**   To create a “Butterfly Garden” at your premises , pls contact us.

Happy Clicking:-

http://www.flickr.com/photos/somnathpaldas2

http://www.orkut.co.in/Main#Community?cmm=97250956

http://greencamp.in/2010/12/life-cycle-of-common-mormon-butterfly-video/

------------------------------
Imagine This

One day you come out from your home
and all you see is big puffs of black smoke
and no trees !

All you see the cars and no bird
All you smell is gasoline & no flowers

What kind of life is that ?

Think about it...

  ..... GO GREEN.....
Only after the last tree has fallen | Only after the last river has been
poisoned | Only after the last fish has been cut | Only then will we realize
that money cannot be eaten !!!
**  Save Trees , Plant new Trees , Feed Birds , Butterflies , Animals around
YOU..

**  Keep our planet GREEN n LIVE......
bgarden plant2.jpg
bgarden plant3.jpg
bgarden plant 1.jpg

Gurcharan Singh

Mar 14, 2011, 8:04:30 AM3/14/11
to efloraofindia, som.wit...@gmail.com, Dinesh Valke, Mahadeswara, Bhatt Sweta
Resurfacing again for ID

--
Dr. Gurcharan Singh
Retired  Associate Professor

Dinesh Valke

Mar 14, 2011, 8:31:10 AM3/14/11
to Gurcharan Singh, efloraofindia, som.wit...@gmail.com, Mahadeswara, Bhatt Sweta
... looks like garden flora ... a cultivar of Asystasia species ... not sure.

Hello Somnath ji, please provide the bare minimum essential details of this plant ... place and time of sighting.

Regards.
Dinesh

Paldas Photography

Mar 14, 2011, 12:41:53 PM3/14/11
to Dinesh Valke, Gurcharan Singh, efloraofindia, Mahadeswara, Bhatt Sweta
place of sighting - Shibpur Botanical Garden , Howrah , west bengal .
 time - Dec End / Jan start
not planted plan wise , found in a unplanned jungle area

Mayur Nandikar

Mar 15, 2011, 8:16:36 AM3/15/11
to Paldas Photography, Dinesh Valke, Gurcharan Singh, efloraofindia, Mahadeswara, Bhatt Sweta
Hello
You are right Dinesh ji, this is some Asystasia.
--
Mr. Mayur D. Nandikar,
Research Student,

Aruna

Mar 15, 2011, 12:20:23 PM3/15/11
to efloraofindia
Asystasia dalzeliana?

On Feb 13, 10:44 pm, Paldas Photography <som.with.cam...@gmail.com>
wrote:
> pls help me with the ID & nature of the plant
>
> --
> Thanks & Regards,
>
> Somnath Pal Das
>
> ***   To create a “Butterfly Garden” at your premises , pls contact us.*
>
> *Happy Clicking:-*
>
> http://www.flickr.com/photos/somnathpaldas2
>
> http://www.orkut.co.in/Main#Community?cmm=97250956
>
> http://greencamp.in/2010/12/life-cycle-of-common-mormon-butterfly-video/
> ------------------------------
> Imagine This
>
> One day you come out from your home
> and all you see is big puffs of black smoke
> and no trees !
>
> All you see the cars and no bird
> All you smell is gasoline & no flowers
>
> What kind of life is that ?
>
> Think about it...
>
>   ..... GO GREEN.....
> Only after the last tree has fallen | Only after the last river has been
> poisoned | Only after the last fish has been cut | Only then will we realize
> that money cannot be eaten !!!
> **  Save Trees , Plant new Trees , Feed Birds , Butterflies , Animals around
> YOU..
>
> **  Keep our planet GREEN n LIVE......
>
>  bgarden plant2.jpg
> 123KViewDownload
>
>  bgarden plant3.jpg
> 174KViewDownload
>
>  bgarden plant 1.jpg
> 174KViewDownload

Pardeshi S.

Mar 15, 2011, 1:39:19 PM3/15/11
to efloraofindia
Hello all
it is Asystasia intrusa
Asystasia, Ranong
Origin: Malaysia

http://www.flowersofindia.net/catalog/slides/Common%20Asystasia.html
http://toptropicals.com/catalog/uid/Asystasia_intrusa.htm

satish pardeshi

manasikaran

Mar 16, 2011, 12:20:14 PM3/16/11
to Pardeshi S., efloraofindia
Plz also check Asystasia indica...

http://www.flowersofindia.net/catalog/slides/Indian%20Asystasia.html

regards
Manasi

satish pardeshi

Mar 17, 2011, 12:55:04 AM3/17/11
to manasikaran, indiantreepix

it Looks closer to  A. indica.

regards
Satish Pardeshi

--
EACH ONE.... PLANT ONE...

Satish Pardeshi
Plant Taxonomist
Mumbai, Pune

J.M. Garg

Jun 26, 2011, 3:59:17 AM6/26/11
to efloraofindia, tanay...@gmail.com, ratang...@yahoo.com, ulu_bo...@yahoo.co.in, pand...@gmail.com, mitra...@gmail.com, mithi...@yahoo.com, pch...@gmail.com, Ushadi micromini, Paldas Photography, Bhatt Sweta, Mahadeswara Swamy, aru...@hotmail.com, Mayur Nandikar, manasi karangutkar

Some earlier relevant feedback:

“place of sighting - Shibpur Botanical Garden , Howrah , west bengal .

 time - Dec End / Jan start

not planted plan wise , found in a unplanned jungle area” from Somnath ji.

“Plz also check Asystasia indica...

http://www.flowersofindia.net/catalog/slides/Indian%20Asystasia.html

regards
Manasi”

“it Looks closer to  A. indica.

regards
Satish Pardeshi”

Jun 27, 2011, 4:27:35 AM6/27/11
to J.M. Garg, efloraofindia, tanay...@gmail.com, ratang...@yahoo.com, ulu_bo...@yahoo.co.in, pand...@gmail.com, mitra...@gmail.com, mithi...@yahoo.com, pch...@gmail.com, Ushadi micromini, Paldas Photography, Bhatt Sweta, Mahadeswara Swamy, aru...@hotmail.com, manasi karangutkar
    Hello to all,
Asystasia indica H. J. Chowdhery & Av. Bhattacharijee

--
Mayur Nandikar

Research Student,
Department of Botany,

ushadi Micromini

Jun 27, 2011, 5:35:55 AM6/27/11
to J.M. Garg, efloraofindia, tanay...@gmail.com, ratang...@yahoo.com, ulu_bo...@yahoo.co.in, pand...@gmail.com, mitra...@gmail.com, mithi...@yahoo.com, pch...@gmail.com, Paldas Photography, Bhatt Sweta, Mahadeswara Swamy, aru...@hotmail.com, Mayur Nandikar, manasi karangutkar
Yes, A. Indica... The ganges primrose...
its flourishing in meadows, along road sides,  in grassy areas where grass/lawn  in not mowed regularly,
Right now its very prolific in the SHuibpur   botanical Garden... since March
I have sighted and photographed...yellow, this white and magenta stripes, white with diffuse magenta petals (as if the color was air sprayed on in parts!!!)  and and a pinkish variety...
slowly am getting organized, will put up the pictures...

PS: I AM A STRONG PROPONENT OF NOT MOWING THE LAWN TOO OFTEN, JUST TO LET THE LOCAL FLORA FLOURISH AND GET A TOE HOLD...

DO YOU FEEL THAT WAY?

Usha di
======

H S

Jun 27, 2011, 8:35:07 AM6/27/11
to ushadi Micromini, J.M. Garg, efloraofindia, tanay...@gmail.com, ratang...@yahoo.com, ulu_bo...@yahoo.co.in, pand...@gmail.com, mitra...@gmail.com, mithi...@yahoo.com, pch...@gmail.com, Paldas Photography, Bhatt Sweta, Mahadeswara Swamy, aru...@hotmail.com, Mayur Nandikar, manasi karangutkar
Yes its Asystasia indica

regards,

--
- H.S.

A scientific man ought to have no wishes, no affections, - a mere heart of
stone

Paldas Photography

Jun 27, 2011, 9:39:36 PM6/27/11
to ushadi Micromini, J.M. Garg, efloraofindia, tanay...@gmail.com, ratang...@yahoo.com, ulu_bo...@yahoo.co.in, pand...@gmail.com, mitra...@gmail.com, mithi...@yahoo.com, pch...@gmail.com, Bhatt Sweta, Mahadeswara Swamy, aru...@hotmail.com, Mayur Nandikar, manasi karangutkar

Na Bha

Jun 29, 2011, 8:08:06 AM6/29/11
to indian...@googlegroups.com
Yes Usha di, I feel that way too, and my lawn is not the so called "english lawn". I have watched people with a poisonspray in hand killing each and everything, which "does not belong there".
We say in German "Jedem das seine", one does in his / her own way.
Nalini

�