Flower Identification

Amar

Apr 18, 2011, 10:45:56 AM4/18/11
to indian...@googlegroups.com

Hi,

I am new to the group and would like to use the members' knowledge to help me in identifying some of the pictures of flowers I took on my recent trip to Sikkim. I have tried to use the website www.flowersofindia.net to identify the flowers by searching them by their colours but I have made little headway even after a week of scouring its very helpful index. I would be happy if the people here can help me identify some of the flowers in the pics I'll be posting here.

I have attached some of them, there will be more to follow.

DSCF1230.JPG
DSCF1311.JPG
DSCF1223.JPG
DSCF1293.JPG

Gurcharan Singh

Apr 18, 2011, 11:42:57 AM4/18/11
to indian...@googlegroups.com
Dear Amar ji
You would surely get help here, but please follow posting guidelines: One species (type of plant) one mail. Post photographs of different plants in different mails.
Since you are new to the group I am giving you the names of plants

First...............Californian poppy, Eschscholzia californica

Second.........Dandlion, Taraxacum officinale.

Third...............Add photograph with leaves

Fourth.............Amaryllis lily, Hippeastrum sp

--
Dr. Gurcharan Singh
Retired  Associate Professor
Dr. Gurcharan Singh
Retired  Associate Professor
Phone: 011-25518297  Mob: 9810359089
http://people.du.ac.in/~singhg45/

Amar

Apr 18, 2011, 9:51:19 PM4/18/11
to efloraofindia
Hi Mr. Singh,

I am extremely sorry for not following the posting guidelines. I'll
definitely stick to them with my further posts.

Thanks a lot for the IDs on those flowers.

Amar

On Apr 18, 8:42 pm, Gurcharan Singh <singh...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Dear Amar ji
> You would surely get help here, but please follow posting guidelines: One
> species (type of plant) one mail. Post photographs of different plants in
> different mails.
> Since you are new to the group I am giving you the names of plants
>
> First...............Californian poppy, Eschscholzia californica
>
> Second.........Dandlion, Taraxacum officinale.
>
> Third...............Add photograph with leaves
>
> Fourth.............Amaryllis lily, Hippeastrum sp
>
> --
> Dr. Gurcharan Singh
> Retired  Associate Professor

Muthu Karthick

Apr 20, 2011, 1:03:22 AM4/20/11
to Amar, efloraofindia
Sir,
the fourth picture is Azlaea (Rhododendron sp.) I think.
--
Muthu Karthick, N
Care Earth Trust
#15, second main road,
Thillai ganga nagar,
Chennai - 600 061
Mob: 0091 96268 33911
www.careearthtrust.org

Ushadi micromini

Apr 20, 2011, 9:02:17 AM4/20/11
to efloraofindia
Dear Mr Karthick: it could be Azalea... one would need to see leaves
for azalea and the stalk if its the Amaryllis lily...
so Amar can you provide pics for these?
Usha di

On Apr 20, 10:03 am, Muthu Karthick <nmk....@gmail.com> wrote:
> Sir,
> the fourth picture is Azlaea (*Rhododendron* sp.) I think.

Amar

May 9, 2011, 1:28:19 PM5/9/11
to efloraofindia
Hi Ushadi,

I am afraid I cannot provide the pics of the stalk or the leaves for
this flower. They are not visible in the pic I took.

Amar

On Apr 20, 6:02 pm, Ushadi micromini <microminipho...@gmail.com>