Herb from Uttarakhand id amit 5022011

amit chauhan

Feb 5, 2011, 5:52:05 AM2/5/11
to indiantreepix
Pls help to identify this herb with aromatic inflorescence collected
near Bhimtal area 1500 m in Uttarakhand? it appears to me near to
Laggera or Blumea ?

--
Dr. Amit Chauhan
Junior Technical Assistant

amit1.jpg

Gurcharan Singh

Feb 5, 2011, 9:24:42 AM2/5/11
to amit chauhan, indiantreepix
A close  up of flower/inflorescence would help.

--
Dr. Gurcharan Singh
Retired  Associate Professor

amit chauhan

Feb 6, 2011, 11:05:13 PM2/6/11
to indiantreepix, Gurcharan Singh
Sir,

This is the close up of inflorescence the flowers are not in bloom yet

amit1flower.jpg

Pankaj Kumar

Feb 7, 2011, 12:54:41 PM2/7/11
to indiantreepix
Ms. Gunjan Sud says this could be Blumea laciniata. But she would need
more pics to confirm. She is doing her PhD on Asteraceae of Himachal
Pradesh.

Regards
Pankaj

On Mon, Feb 7, 2011 at 11:16 PM, gunjan sud <sud.g...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello sir,
> How are you. I was thinking of calling u up as I had to ask you for some
> refrences. The server was down since three days. Just started working. I
> read your mail just now. To me this plant appears to be Blumea laciniata. If
> some more photos are available please send me so that I can give a better
> reading.
> I need some papers for the refrences. I will send you the list tomorrow,
> What about your arm? Bye and take care.
> Gunjan.
>
> On Mon, Feb 7, 2011 at 9:36 AM, Pankaj Kumar <sahani...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> CAN U ID THIS PLZ.
>> Pankaj

>> --
>> "TAXONOMISTS GETTING EXTINCT AND SPECIES DATA DEFICIENT !!"
>>

>> Pankaj Kumar Ph.D. (Orchidaceae)
>> Research Associate
>> Greater Kailash Sacred Landscape Project
>> Department of Habitat Ecology
>> Wildlife Institute of India
>> Post Box # 18
>> Dehradun - 248001, India

Pankaj Kumar Ph.D. (Orchidaceae)
Research Associate
Department of Habitat Ecology
Wildlife Institute of India
Post Box # 18
Dehradun - 248001, India

Gurcharan Singh

Feb 7, 2011, 10:49:53 PM2/7/11
to Pankaj Kumar, indiantreepix
I think Blumea laciniata has laciniate or somewhat lyrate leaves and larger heads. I am uploading mine from Delhi separately.

--
Dr. Gurcharan Singh
Retired  Associate Professor
Phone: 011-25518297  Mob: 9810359089
http://people.du.ac.in/~singhg45/

amit chauhan

Feb 10, 2011, 1:02:33 AM2/10/11
to Gurcharan Singh, Pankaj Kumar, indiantreepix
Thanx Pankaj for sending the photos to an expert I will be attaching
some more photos for clear identity of the leaves to me it doesn't
appears to be laciniata but any other species of Blumea

Pankaj Kumar

Feb 10, 2011, 1:05:24 AM2/10/11
to amit chauhan, indiantreepix
Sorry doc, she is not an expert as you are, but as she had been
working specifically on this group on higher altitudes, I thought she
might be of help. I have seen her collection of Blumea too. Lets hope
to find the true identity of this soon.
Regards
Pankaj

Gurcharan Singh

Mar 9, 2011, 11:04:28 PM3/9/11
to efloraofindia, amit chauhan
Resurfacing again for ID
also attaching the close up sent subsequently by Amit ji

Earlier feedback

Pankaj ji............................................Ms. Gunjan Sud says this could be Blumea laciniata. But she would need
more pics to confirm. She is doing her PhD on Asteraceae of Himachal Pradesh.

Me.......................................................I think Blumea laciniata has laciniate or somewhat lyrate leaves and larger heads. I am uploading mine from Delhi separately.
.

Mar 11, 2011, 10:53:24 PM3/11/11
to Gurcharan Singh, efloraofindia
Dear all,

Thanks for the id help I think I have come to a conclusion that my
plant is Blumea aromatica

regards

Amit

Gurcharan Singh

Mar 11, 2011, 11:06:30 PM3/11/11
to amit chauhan, efloraofindia
Yes Amit ji
Blumea aromatica is the logical choice: Leaves not divided, involucre glandular hairy, with recurved tips