Interesting plant from North-East

satish pardeshi

Apr 18, 2011, 8:21:18 AM4/18/11
to indiantreepix
Hello all
While going through the plant list of North east in one of our
project, I came across an interesting plant name called "dancing
plant". On going through the literature i found out that it has
leaflets which are sensitive to sunlight and move at a faster rate to
help the terminal leaflet to orient itself for getting maximum
sunlight. I don't have the photograph of the plant but felt this
information may be interesting for the group members.
the details of the plant are:

Codariocalyx motorius (Houtt.)H.Ohashi
syn:  Desmodium motorium, Desmodium gyrans
common names: telegraph plant, semaphore plant,  Dancing plant

http://culturesheet.org/fabaceae:codariocalyx:motorius
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Codariocalyx_motorius
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jXt0iPMKSTA&NR=1

any member who might have come across this plant and have images can
upload their plant picture in the forum.

regards
satish pardeshi

--
EACH ONE.... PLANT ONE...