Requesting for verification: 11112010 ASP 02

shivaprakash adavanne

Nov 11, 2010, 11:47:10 AM11/11/10
to indian...@googlegroups.com

hello,

Date/Time- 06.11.2010/ 10.00AM

Location- Place, Altitude, GPS- TALAKAVERI, KODAGU, KARNATAKA, 4350 FT

Habitat- Garden/ Urban/ Wild/ Type- WESTERN GHAT, HIGH ELEVATION GRASSLAND

Plant Habit- Tree/ Shrub/ Climber/ Herb-  HERB

Height/Length-

Leaves Type/ Shape/ Size-

Inflorescence Type/ Size-

Flowers Size/ Colour/ Calyx/ Bracts-

Fruits Type/ Shape/ Size Seeds-

Regard,

a.shivaprakas
Anaphalis aristata (1).JPG
Anaphalis aristata (2).JPG
Anaphalis aristata (3).JPG

Gurcharan Singh

Nov 30, 2010, 6:19:07 PM11/30/10
to efloraofindia, shivaprakash adavanne, Shrikant Ingalhalikar, Dinesh Valke
Resurfacing again for ID confirmation

--
Dr. Gurcharan Singh
Retired  Associate Professor

J.M. Garg

Dec 16, 2010, 7:55:41 AM12/16/10
to efloraofindia, shivaprakash adavanne, Smilax004, Vijayasankar Raman, navendu page, C KUNHIKANNAN

Jan 8, 2011, 9:26:53 AM1/8/11
to efloraofindia, shivaprakash adavanne, Dr. Pankaj Kumar
Resurfacing again for ID

--
Dr. Gurcharan Singh
Retired  Associate Professor
Phone: 011-25518297  Mob: 9810359089
http://people.du.ac.in/~singhg45/

Dec 16, 2020, 8:58:04 AM12/16/20
to efloraofindia
Did not find distribution in Karnataka.
Thank you
Saroj Kadaju

Gurcharan Singh

May 25, 2021, 4:16:29 AM5/25/21
to efloraofindia
Forwarding for ID
Distributed as Anaphalis aristata ?
Group discussion at

Gurcharan Singh

May 25, 2021, 4:17:23 AM5/25/21
to indiantreepix, Shivaprakash Adavanne
Forwarding for ID
Distributed as Anaphalis aristata ?
Group discussion at

Anaphalis aristata (1).JPG
Anaphalis aristata (2).JPG
Anaphalis aristata (3).JPG

Saroj Kasaju

May 25, 2021, 6:01:33 AM5/25/21
to efloraindia, Gurcharan Singh, J.M. Garg, Shivaprakash Adavanne
Any possibility of Anaphalis margaritacea (L.) Benth. ?? However
could not find distribution in KT.
Thank you.

Saroj Kasaju

J.M. Garg

May 31, 2021, 7:17:27 AM5/31/21
to Saroj Kasaju, efloraindia, Gurcharan Singh, Shivaprakash Adavanne
Appears close to images at Anaphalis contorta (D.Don) Hook.f., but I do not find any distribution in the area.
--
With regards,
J.M.Garg

J.M. Garg

May 31, 2021, 7:44:16 AM5/31/21
to Saroj Kasaju, efloraindia, Gurcharan Singh, Shivaprakash Adavanne
On examining specimens of four species in GBIF, of Anaphalis showing distribution in the area as per Flora of Peninsular India, I think it close to Anaphalis lawii (GBIF)
Looks different from others i.e. Anaphalis subdecurrens (GBIF), Anaphalis wightiana (GBIF) and Anaphalis marcescens (GBIF)
--
With regards,
J.M.Garg

J.M. Garg

May 31, 2021, 8:10:54 AM5/31/21
to Saroj Kasaju, efloraindia, Gurcharan Singh, Shivaprakash Adavanne
Really confusing.
On further consideration, I think more closer to Anaphalis wightiana (GBIF) as per specimen one, two and three
--
With regards,
J.M.Garg