Plant for Id

Smita Raskar

Feb 16, 2011, 12:21:39 AM2/16/11
to indiantreepix
Hello All
can anyone help me id of this plant plz
Some Acanthaceae plant??
it is herb found on hill at Sawantwadi Sindhudurg Maharashtra
Thanks

--
Smita raskar
308 Disha Residency,

Picture 4858.jpg

Smilax004

Feb 16, 2011, 5:07:47 AM2/16/11
to efloraofindia
Hi,

Please check for species of Lepidagathis of the family Acanthaceae.

Regards,
Giby
>  Picture 4858.jpg
> 391KViewDownload

Gurcharan Singh

Feb 16, 2011, 5:13:18 AM2/16/11
to Smilax004, efloraofindia
The background is very dark, but from what ever I can see, the leaves look alternate. Can it be Lobelia sp.

--
Dr. Gurcharan Singh
Retired  Associate Professor

Smilax004

Feb 16, 2011, 5:45:33 AM2/16/11
to efloraofindia
Smita,

Please let us know whether the leaves are opposite or alternate.

Regards
Giby

On Feb 16, 3:13 pm, Gurcharan Singh <singh...@gmail.com> wrote:
> The background is very dark, but from what ever I can see, the leaves look
> alternate. Can it be Lobelia sp.
>
> --
> Dr. Gurcharan Singh
> Retired  Associate Professor

Smita Raskar

Feb 16, 2011, 11:33:00 AM2/16/11
to Smilax004, efloraofindia
It has opposite leaves..attaching another picture... sorry pic is blurred
Picture 4849.jpg

Gurcharan Singh

Feb 16, 2011, 11:50:13 AM2/16/11
to Smita Raskar, Smilax004, efloraofindia
Yes, Giby ji, you are right

--
Dr. Gurcharan Singh
Retired  Associate Professor
Phone: 011-25518297  Mob: 9810359089
http://people.du.ac.in/~singhg45/

J.M. Garg

Jun 8, 2011, 8:51:00 AM6/8/11
to efloraofindia, dinesh...@gmail.com, pka...@gmail.com, le...@rediffmail.com, rajde...@gmail.com, satishp...@gmail.com, drsmp...@gmail.com, anala...@gmail.com, swee...@gmail.com, nudra...@gmail.com, tcha...@gmail.com, drneil...@yahoo.com, raani...@gmail.com, Plumbago...@gmail.com, hems...@gmail.com, devar...@gmail.com, sheeta...@gmail.com

Some earlier relevant feedback:

“Please check for species of Lepidagathis of the family Acanthaceae.

Regards,
Giby”

“It has opposite leaves..attaching another picture... sorry pic is blurred” from Smita ji.

“Yes, Giby ji, you are right

--

Dr. Gurcharan Singh”

For identification, learning, discussion & documentation of Indian Flora, please visit/ join our Efloraofindia Google e-group: http://groups.google.co.in/group/indiantreepix (more than 1600 members & 69,000 messages on 30/4/11) or Efloraofindia website: https://sites.google.com/site/efloraofindia/ (with a species database of around 4500 species)

Picture 4858.jpg

Gurcharan Singh

May 15, 2021, 2:33:01 PM5/15/21
to efloraofindia
This particular form was published by Dalzell as Lepidagathis goensis but a true name for this taxon would be Lepidagathis fasciculata (Retz.) Nees

JM Garg

May 16, 2021, 12:19:14 AM5/16/21
to efloraofindia
May 16, 2021, 12:20:05 AM5/16/21
to efloraofindia, Sushant More, Giby, smilingsmit
Thanks, Sushant ji

With regards,
J.M.Garg

J.M. Garg

May 16, 2021, 12:21:18 AM5/16/21
to efloraofindia, Sushant More, smilingsmit, Giby

With regards,
J.M.Garg
Picture 4858.jpg