29/05/2011/YRP/02/Naoroz Estate, Chethalayam, Wayanad.

Yazdy Palia

May 29, 2011, 7:34:45 AM5/29/11
to indiantreepix
Dear friends,
The fruit is very much like a guava. It is around 25 mm maximum in
diameter, the pulp is very pulpy when ripe and a bit sour. Identity
please.
Date & Time 29/05/2011
Location: Place, Altitude, GPS Chethalayam, Wayanad.
Habitat: Garden, Urban, Wild Type: Garden
Plant Habit: Tree, Shrub, Climber, Herb Tree
Height, Length. 15’
Leaves Type, Shape, Size
Inflorescence Type Size
Flowers Size Colour Calyx Bracts-
Fruits Type, Shape, Size Seeds Purple in colour maximum 25 mm in diameter.
Other Information like Frangrance, Pollinator, Uses.
Regards
Yazdy.

You have been sent 5 pictures.

IMG_7678.JPG
IMG_7679.JPG
IMG_7689.JPG
IMG_7694.JPG
IMG_7696.JPG

IMG_7678.JPG
IMG_7679.JPG
IMG_7689.JPG
IMG_7694.JPG
IMG_7696.JPG

Mahadeswara

May 29, 2011, 8:50:35 AM5/29/11
to efloraofindia
Catunaregam spinosa or Canthium parviflora sps. ? Need to check the
details.
>  IMG_7678.JPG
> 73KViewDownload
>
>  IMG_7679.JPG
> 63KViewDownload
>
>  IMG_7689.JPG
> 99KViewDownload
>
>  IMG_7694.JPG
> 87KViewDownload
>
>  IMG_7696.JPG
> 67KViewDownload

Pudji Widodo

May 31, 2011, 1:28:24 AM5/31/11
to efloraofindia
Dear Yazdy Palia

This is Eugenia lucida Lam., Encycl. 3: 203 (1789) of
Myrtaceae. There are only a few Eugenia s.s. in the Old World like
India.

Regards,
Pudji Widodo
Faculty of Biology Jenderal Soedirman University
PURWOKERTO 53122 INDONESIA

JM Garg

Mar 18, 2018, 11:56:10 AM3/18/18
to efloraofindia
IMG_7678.JPG
IMG_7679.JPG
IMG_7689.JPG
IMG_7694.JPG
IMG_7696.JPG

JM Garg

Mar 18, 2018, 11:56:12 AM3/18/18
to efloraofindia

J.M. Garg

Mar 18, 2018, 11:58:14 AM3/18/18
to efloraofindia, Yazdy Palia, Pudji Widodo, Aarti S. Khale
The one you have posted under the above, I can't find the post on searching.
To me it looks close to Psidium cattleyanum, Myrtaceae that I have posted from Lalbagh,Bangalore.
Could you kindly have a look?
I am confused.
Aarti Khale

With regards,
J.M.Garg

IMG_7678.JPG
IMG_7679.JPG
IMG_7689.JPG
IMG_7694.JPG
IMG_7696.JPG

J.M. Garg

Mar 18, 2018, 11:59:22 AM3/18/18
to efloraofindia, Yazdy Palia, Pudji Widodo, Aarti S. Khale
Thanks, Aarti ji, for pointing out.
It is certainly Psidium cattleianum
I will make the correction shortly.

Aarti S. Khale

Mar 18, 2018, 2:02:54 PM3/18/18
to J.M. Garg, efloraofindia, Yazdy Palia, Pudji Widodo
Thanks Garg Ji.
Since I'm not an expert, wasn't too sure but it certainly didn't look right to me.
That's the reason I thought of writing to you.
Regards,
Aarti

Rahul Sharma

Mar 19, 2018, 12:23:51 AM3/19/18
to efloraofindia
Agree with JM Garg sir, Psidium cattleianum it is.

J.M. Garg

Mar 19, 2018, 12:48:28 AM3/19/18
to Rahul Sharma, efloraofindia, Yazdy Palia, Pudji Widodo, Aarti S. Khale
Thanks a lot, Rahul ji.