Flora of Chakrta: Solanum laxum from Hotel Himalayan Paradise Tiger Fall Road Chakrata

Balkar Arya

Sep 23, 2011, 8:34:43 AM9/23/11
to indiantreepix
Dear All
Solanum laxum from Hotel Himalayan Paradise Tiger Fall Road Chakrata
Cutivated along the way to Hotel
Called as Potato vine

--
Regards

Dr Balkar Singh
Arya P G College, Panipat
Haryana-132103
09416262964
Solanum laxum (1).JPG
Solanum laxum (2).JPG
Solanum laxum (3).JPG
Solanum laxum (4).JPG
Solanum laxum (5).JPG
Solanum laxum (6).JPG

Gurcharan Singh

Sep 23, 2011, 8:40:07 AM9/23/11
to Balkar Arya, indiantreepix
Yes Balkar ji
Solanum laxum Spreng. (syn: S. jasminoides Paxton)

--
Dr. Gurcharan Singh
Retired  Associate Professor

Balkar Arya

Sep 23, 2011, 8:42:53 AM9/23/11
to Gurcharan Singh, indiantreepix
Thanks Sir for validation

Ushadi micromini

Sep 23, 2011, 11:00:15 PM9/23/11
to efloraofindia

Balkar ji and Gurcharanji:
Yes..potatoe vine...
s. jasiminoides is how I know it...
Very popular in california gardens..
even NYBG arboretum grew it for a few years in the conservatory...

never seen any fruits though inside the glass house... no appropriate
pollinators I guess....
MY QUESTION: does this plant fruit in the northern climes , and being
out in the open?
Thanks
Usha di

======

On Sep 23, 5:42 pm, Balkar Arya <balkara...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Thanks Sir for validation
>

> On Fri, Sep 23, 2011 at 6:10 PM, Gurcharan Singh <singh...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > Yes Balkar ji
> > Solanum laxum Spreng. (syn: S. jasminoides Paxton)
>
> > --
> > Dr. Gurcharan Singh
> > Retired  Associate Professor
> > SGTB Khalsa College, University of Delhi, Delhi-110007
> > Res: 932 Anand Kunj, Vikas Puri, New Delhi-110018.
> > Phone: 011-25518297  Mob: 9810359089
> >http://people.du.ac.in/~singhg45/

Gurcharan Singh

Sep 23, 2011, 11:18:37 PM9/23/11
to Ushadi micromini, efloraofindia
Yes Ushadi I have seen a lot of them in California, and here in Manali also.