Images of two nut trees, fruit

Sushmita Jha

Oct 4, 2010, 1:36:16 PM10/4/10
to indiantreepix
Dear all,

just to share images of trees/fruit/kernel of two of our favourite nuts - walnut and hazlenut.  The walnut series have been photographed by my brother, Somnath Jha, who is based in Srinagar. The hazlenut pictures have been taken by me in North Wales, where I went last month, primarily to bird-watch.

Sorry about the total size of the attachments exceeding permitted limits. I exonerated myself given I have not posted images in months!

Best,
Sushmita Jha

walnut.jpg
walnut1.jpg
split-open.jpg
wal nut.bmp
Hazelnut-tree.jpg
Hazelnut-fruit.jpg
Hazelnut-fruit2.jpg
Hazelnut-raw.jpg

J.M. Garg

Oct 24, 2010, 2:10:43 AM10/24/10
to efloraofindia, Sushmita Jha, Gurcharan Singh
Any botanical names pl.?
--
With regards,
J.M.Garg (jmg...@gmail.com)

walnut.jpg
walnut1.jpg
split-open.jpg
wal nut.bmp
Hazelnut-tree.jpg
Hazelnut-fruit.jpg
Hazelnut-fruit2.jpg
Hazelnut-raw.jpg

Gurcharan Singh

Oct 24, 2010, 2:53:18 AM10/24/10
to J.M. Garg, efloraofindia, Sushmita Jha
English Walnut Juglans regia

Hazelnut  Corylus avellana

--
Dr. Gurcharan Singh