Malvaceae week :: Triumfetta pentandra

Dinesh Valke

Sep 7, 2011, 3:51:33 PM9/7/11
to efloraofindia
Triumfetta pentandra A.Rich.
  • tree-um-FET-a -- named for Giovanni Battista Triumfetti, professor of botany
    pen-TAN-druh -- bearing five stamens

Triumfetta pentandra
Oct 15, 2010 at base of Koraigad

commonly known as: five-stamen burbark • Marathi: निचर्डी nichardi • Telugu: chirusitrika

Regards.
Dinesh

Balkar Arya

Sep 7, 2011, 9:02:10 PM9/7/11
to Dinesh Valke, efloraofindia
My Words has finished to praise your pics Dinesh Ji. You have made malvaceae week such a big Great Success. Many Thanks to you
--
Regards

Dr Balkar Singh
Arya P G College, Panipat
Haryana-132103
09416262964

Muthu Karthick

Sep 8, 2011, 3:55:59 AM9/8/11
to Balkar Arya, Dinesh Valke, efloraofindia
Yes Dieshji, making the Malvaceae week a grand success in a lucid way of  his pictures...
--
Muthu Karthick, N
Care Earth Trust
#15, second main road,
Thillai ganga nagar,
Chennai - 600 061
Mob: 0091 96268 33911
www.careearthtrust.org

J.M. Garg

Jan 5, 2018, 11:01:31 PM1/5/18
to efloraofindia, DineshValke, Lalithamba Avadhanam
I think for images at Koraigad should be of Triumfetta rhomboidea as stamen appears to be 10.
--
With regards,
J.M.Garg

Lalithamba Avadhanam

Jan 5, 2018, 11:44:08 PM1/5/18
to J.M. Garg, efloraofindia, DineshValke
Beautiful images; yes it is 100% Triumfetta rhomboidea

regards
A.Lalithamba

Dinesh Valke

Jan 5, 2018, 11:55:16 PM1/5/18
to Lalithamba Avadhanam, J.M. Garg, efloraofindia
Yes to T. rhomboidea, from me too, Garg ji, Lalithamba ji. Thanks very much.
Somehow missed updating this post of the correction I made long back in flickr notes.
Regards.
Dinesh