Lily for ID : 270111 : AK-2

Aarti S. Khale

Jan 27, 2011, 6:33:02 AM1/27/11
to efloraofindia
Taken at Kodaikanal,TN on the 23rd of October,2008.
Cape Lily?
Aarti
Pink Lily-DSCN6661 .JPG

Gurcharan Singh

Jan 27, 2011, 6:52:43 AM1/27/11
to Aarti S. Khale, efloraofindia
Aarti ji
For identification of Lilium spp. you should always capture leaves. Whether leaves are alternate or whorled is important diagnostic character.

--
Dr. Gurcharan Singh
Retired  Associate Professor

Aarti S. Khale

Jan 27, 2011, 6:54:28 AM1/27/11
to Gurcharan Singh, efloraofindia
Gurcharan ji,
Will definitely remember this next time I find Lilies.
Thanks for the tips.
Aarti

Gurcharan Singh

Jan 27, 2011, 8:21:18 AM1/27/11
to Aarti S. Khale, efloraofindia
Yes Aarti ji
This one is Crinum powellii cv. Roseum

--
Dr. Gurcharan Singh
Retired  Associate Professor
Phone: 011-25518297  Mob: 9810359089
http://people.du.ac.in/~singhg45/

tanay bose

Jan 27, 2011, 8:26:43 AM1/27/11
to Gurcharan Singh, Aarti S. Khale, efloraofindia
I think is a very common garden Lily in india I have them
tanay
--
Tanay Bose
Department of Botany.