polyalthia cofffeoides

Mohina Macker

Dec 2, 2010, 12:39:47 AM12/2/10
to indian...@googlegroups.com
a sapling of polyalthia coffeoides given to me by my friends neil soares and amog. It was planted two months ago and is beginning to show new foliage
regards
mohina macker
polyalthia coffeoides 1.jpg

mani nair

Dec 2, 2010, 1:12:04 AM12/2/10
to Mohina Macker, indian...@googlegroups.com
Mohina ji, What are its uses?  Is it a fruiting tree?

Regards,

Mani.

J.M. Garg

Dec 22, 2010, 12:03:58 AM12/22/10
to efloraofindia, mohina macker, mani nair, Neil Soares
Is this botanical name correct? I didn't find any match.
--
With regards,
J.M.Garg (jmg...@gmail.com)

polyalthia coffeoides 1.jpg

Pankaj Kumar

Dec 22, 2010, 12:18:26 AM12/22/10
to J.M. Garg, efloraofindia, mohina macker, mani nair, Neil Soares
Polyalthia coffeoides (Thwaites) Hook.f. & Thomson Fl. Brit. India [J.
D. Hooker] 1: 62. 1872.

Yes the name is correct, not sure about the identity.
Pankaj

Pankaj Kumar Ph.D. (Orchidaceae)
Research Associate
Department of Habitat Ecology
Wildlife Institute of India
Post Box # 18
Dehradun - 248001, India

Neil Soares

Dec 22, 2010, 2:45:33 AM12/22/10
to efloraofindia, J.M. Garg, mohina macker, mani nair
Affirmative Mr. Garg. The saplings were grown from seeds collected at Yellapur, Karnataka.
                    Regards,
                     Neil Soares.