011210GS1 a grass for ID from Delhi

Gurcharan Singh

Dec 5, 2010, 10:10:45 PM12/5/10
to efloraofindia
Uploading 011210GS1 a grass for ID from Delhi
Growing commonly in Delhi, alt. 213 m, as a weed in cultivated fields, wastelands, flower beds. I have not been able to fix this grass, perhaps Brachiaria reptans or Eriochloa procera

--
Dr. Gurcharan Singh
Retired  Associate Professor

Brachiaria-Eriochloa-Delhi-1.jpg
Brachiaria-Eriochloa-Delhi-2.jpg
Brachiaria-Eriochloa-Delhi-3.jpg
Brachiaria-Eriochloa-Delhi-4.jpg
Brachiaria-Eriochloa-Delhi-5.jpg

tanay bose

Dec 5, 2010, 11:32:05 PM12/5/10
to Gurcharan Singh, efloraofindia
I have seen this grass in West Bengal too if I am not wrong
tanay
--
Tanay Bose
Department of Botany.

Gurcharan Singh

Dec 6, 2010, 6:25:52 PM12/6/10
to tanay bose, Dr. Pankaj Kumar, Nayan Singh, efloraofindia
Pankaj ji and Nayan ji
Could this plant be Allotropsis cimicina as uploaded by. you.

--
Dr. Gurcharan Singh
Retired  Associate Professor
Phone: 011-25518297  Mob: 9810359089
http://people.du.ac.in/~singhg45/

Dr Pankaj Kumar

Dec 6, 2010, 6:49:29 PM12/6/10
to efloraofindia
No your plant is different.
In Allotropsis cimicina you can see those inflorescence is more of a
cyme. emerging from the same point, yours is a raceme.
Pankaj

On Dec 7, 4:25 am, Gurcharan Singh <singh...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Pankaj ji and Nayan ji
> Could this plant be Allotropsis cimicina as uploaded by. you.
>
> --
> Dr. Gurcharan Singh
> Retired  Associate Professor
>

> On Sun, Dec 5, 2010 at 8:32 PM, tanay bose <tanaybos...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > I have seen this grass in West Bengal too if I am not wrong
> > tanay
>
> > On Sun, Dec 5, 2010 at 7:10 PM, Gurcharan Singh <singh...@gmail.com>wrote:
>
> >> Uploading 011210GS1 a grass for ID from Delhi
> >> Growing commonly in Delhi, alt. 213 m, as a weed in cultivated fields,
> >> wastelands, flower beds. I have not been able to fix this grass, perhaps
> >> Brachiaria reptans or Eriochloa procera
>
> >> --
> >> Dr. Gurcharan Singh
> >> Retired  Associate Professor
> >> SGTB Khalsa College, University of Delhi, Delhi-110007
> >> Res: 932 Anand Kunj, Vikas Puri, New Delhi-110018.
> >> Phone: 011-25518297  Mob: 9810359089
> >>http://people.du.ac.in/~singhg45/
>
> > --
> > *Tanay Bose*

Gurcharan Singh

Dec 21, 2010, 3:54:00 PM12/21/10
to efloraofindia, Ritesh Choudhary, Dr.ANIL KUMAR, Nayan Singh

Resurfacing again for ID

--
Dr. Gurcharan Singh
Retired  Associate Professor
Phone: 011-25518297  Mob: 9810359089
http://people.du.ac.in/~singhg45/
Brachiaria-Eriochloa-Delhi-1.jpg
Brachiaria-Eriochloa-Delhi-2.jpg
Brachiaria-Eriochloa-Delhi-3.jpg
Brachiaria-Eriochloa-Delhi-4.jpg
Brachiaria-Eriochloa-Delhi-5.jpg

J.M. Garg

Apr 8, 2011, 8:31:41 AM4/8/11
to efloraofindia, crazyg...@gmail.com, tanvee...@gmail.com, pch...@gmail.com, Perumal Ravi Chandran, Gurcharan Singh, tanay bose, Dr. Pankaj Kumar, Nayan Singh

May 6, 2011, 8:34:08 AM5/6/11
to efloraofindia, Dr.ANIL KUMAR, mayur nandikar, Ritesh Choudhary
Resurfacing again for ID

--
Dr. Gurcharan Singh
Retired  Associate Professor
Phone: 011-25518297  Mob: 9810359089
http://people.du.ac.in/~singhg45/

May 7, 2011, 1:06:44 AM5/7/11
to Gurcharan Singh, efloraofindia, Dr.ANIL KUMAR, mayur nandikar, Ritesh Choudhary
You are right sir
This is seems to be Brachiaria reptans

Thank you
--
Mr. Mayur D. Nandikar,
Research Student,

J.M. Garg

Aug 18, 2011, 8:51:28 AM8/18/11
to efloraofindia, crazyg...@gmail.com, tanvee...@gmail.com, pch...@gmail.com, ravig...@rediffmail.com, mug...@gmail.com, nirbh...@rediffmail.com, Shrirang Ramchandra Yadav, Gurcharan Singh, tanay bose, Dr. Pankaj Kumar, Mayur Nandikar
A reply:
"Urochloa ramosa earlier called as brachiaria ramosa
--
regards
Dr.Anil Kumar"

J.M. Garg

Aug 18, 2011, 2:22:26 PM8/18/11
to efloraofindia, crazyg...@gmail.com, tanvee...@gmail.com, pch...@gmail.com, ravig...@rediffmail.com, mug...@gmail.com, nirbh...@rediffmail.com, Shrirang Ramchandra Yadav, Gurcharan Singh, tanay bose, Dr. Pankaj Kumar, Mayur Nandikar
A reply:
"I judge it is Urochloa ramosa.
YOURS SINCERELY
Dr. S. R. Yadav
Professor,Department of Botany,
Shivaji University,Kolhapur. 416 004
(MS)India."

Thanks, dr. Yadav.

Nirbhay

Aug 19, 2011, 9:41:57 AM8/19/11
to jmg...@gmail.com, indian...@googlegroups.com, crazyg...@gmail.com, tanvee...@gmail.com, pch...@gmail.com, ravig...@rediffmail.com, mug...@gmail.com, nirbh...@rediffmail.com, srya...@rediffmail.com, sing...@gmail.com, tanay...@gmail.com, sahani...@gmail.com, mnan...@gmail.com
I'm totally confirmed that this is Brachiaria sp. but can't say its
species without dissection.
-NIRBHAY AMBASTA

On Thu, 18 Aug 2011 15:14:34 +0530 wrote

>Forwarding again for Id confirmation or otherwise please.

Some earlier relevant feedback:

ýCould this plant be Allotropsis cimicina as uploaded by. you.

--

Dr. Gurcharan Singhý

ýNo your plant is different.

In Allotropsis cimicina you can see those inflorescence is more of a
cyme. emerging from the same point, yours is a raceme.
Pankajý

ýYou are right sir

This is seems to be Brachiaria reptansý from Mayur ji.

Uploading 011210GS1 a grass for ID from Delhi
Growing commonly in Delhi, alt. 213 m, as a weed in cultivated fields,
wastelands, flower beds. I have not been able to fix this grass,
perhaps Brachiaria reptans or Eriochloa procera

--
Dr. Gurcharan Singh
Retiredý Associate Professor

Phone: 011-25518297ý Mob: 9810359089

http://people.du.ac.in/~singhg45/

--

With regards,
J.M.Garg (jmg...@gmail.com)

The whole world uses my Image Resource of more than a thousand species
& eight thousand images of Birds, Butterflies, Plants etc. (arranged
alphabetically & place-wise):
http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Category:J.M.Garg.ýYou can also use
them for free as per Creative Commons license attached with each image.

For identification, learning,ýdiscussioný& documentationýof Indian
Flora, please visit/ join ourýEfloraofindia Google e-group:
http://groups.google.co.in/group/indiantreepix (more than 1680 members
& 75,000 messages on 31/7/11) or Efloraofindia website:
https://sites.google.com/site/efloraofindia/ý(with a species database
ofýmore thaný5000 species)

With warm regards,
Nirbhay Ambasta
Research Scholar
Dept. of Botany
Vinoba Bhave University
Hazaribag, Jharkhand
Mo.: 09905326636

Treat yourself at a restaurant, spa, resort and much more with Rediff Deal ho jaye!