ID request -150311-PKA1

Prashant awale

Mar 15, 2011, 12:16:10 PM3/15/11
to indiantreepix
Dear Friends,

I had seen this small aquatic herb at a   stream near Karikale, North Karnataka.

Date/Time: 17-01-2011 / 11:30AM
Location: Karikale, North Karnataka
Habitat: Wild
Plant Habit: Herb, (aquatic) around 25 to 30cm
Leaves around 10 - 12cm, undulate, petioles around 10 to 15cm.
Flowers not seen.

regards
Prashant
IMG_3547.jpg
IMG_3548.jpg
IMG_3549.jpg

Pankaj Kumar

Mar 15, 2011, 12:45:54 PM3/15/11
to Prashant awale, indiantreepix
Looks like Ottelia alismoides to me.
Pankaj

Pankaj Kumar Ph.D. (Orchidaceae)
Research Associate
Department of Habitat Ecology
Wildlife Institute of India
Post Box # 18
Dehradun - 248001, India

tanay bose

Mar 15, 2011, 2:29:14 PM3/15/11
to Pankaj Kumar, Prashant awale, indiantreepix
As said by Pankaj ji this is Ottelia alismoides
At least looks like one !! Do you have any photos of the
flowers Pravin Ji
Tanay
--
Tanay Bose
Department of Botany.

Vijayasankar

Mar 15, 2011, 2:57:46 PM3/15/11
to tanay bose, Pankaj Kumar, Prashant awale, indiantreepix
May be Lagenandra ovata.

Regards

Vijayasankar Raman
University of Mississippi

J.M. Garg

Jun 26, 2011, 2:34:11 AM6/26/11
to efloraofindia, vinay...@gmail.com, vijay.b...@gmail.com, giby.ku...@gmail.com, adav...@gmail.com, noorie new, Dr. Pankaj Kumar, tanay bose, Prashant awale

Some earlier relevant feedback:

Looks like Ottelia alismoides to me.
Pankaj”

“As said by Pankaj ji this is Ottelia alismoides

At least looks like one !! Do you have any photos of the
flowers Pravin Ji

Tanay”

May be Lagenandra ovata.
Regards
Vijayasankar Raman”

For identification, learning, discussion & documentation of Indian Flora, please visit/ join our Efloraofindia Google e-group: http://groups.google.co.in/group/indiantreepix (more than 1600 members & 70,000 messages on 30/5/11) or Efloraofindia website: https://sites.google.com/site/efloraofindia/ (with a species database of around 5000 species)

IMG_3547.jpg
IMG_3548.jpg
IMG_3549.jpg

J.M. Garg

Sep 24, 2011, 8:12:38 AM9/24/11
to J.M. Garg, efloraofindia, Prashant awale, naray...@gmail.com, vijay.b...@gmail.com, giby.ku...@gmail.com, varunv...@gmail.com, raman_ar...@yahoo.com, tanay bose, Dr. Pankaj Kumar
Lagenandra ovata

navendu

--
Navendu Page

PhD student
Kartik Shanker's Lab
Center for Ecological Sciences
Indian Institute of Science
Bangalore - 560012
Ph: +91 9611053510

Giby Kuriakose

Sep 26, 2011, 5:15:11 AM9/26/11
to navendu page, J.M. Garg, efloraofindia, Prashant awale, naray...@gmail.com, vijay.b...@gmail.com, varunv...@gmail.com, raman_ar...@yahoo.com, tanay bose, Dr. Pankaj Kumar
Yes I agree with Navendu that it is Lagenandra ovata of Araceae family.

Regards,
Giby

--
GIBY KURIAKOSE PhD